Steve Jobs

by Gorav Menon from Thornhill

Steve Jobs was a man before his time who always pushed the boundaries of possible and changed them."I want to put a ding in the universe." - Steve Jobs. Those are words to live by from a man to defined innovation and excellence. Steve Jobs did many things in his lifetime, he was Co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc, Co-founder and CEO of Pixar, Founder and CEO of NeXT Inc. Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California and adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs. Steve Jobs then graduated from Santa Clara's Homestead High School in 1972. He then went to Reed College for only a year and a half then quit because he believed it was a waste of his parents money.

Steve Jobs had a passion for technology but hated working for people.  That's why he had difficulty when working at Atari before Apple. Steve Jobs hated working in groups where he wasn't the leader. To remedy this Steve took on tasks by himself but, he couldn't. He called his friend Steve Wozniak. Steve was the brain of Apple. Mr.Wozniak had a device. It was a crude prototype of a personal use computer. Steve Wozniak saw this  as a hobby but, Steve Jobs saw this as the future. Apple was born. Steve Jobs came up with the name Apple because it came above Atari in the phone book. They began building Apple I with a few people they can convince. Back in those days they had to beg people to help now people are fighting to work at Apple. Mr. Jobs got many denials but, he was persistent because of Steve Jobs perseverance and dedication Apple got off the ground and soared.

Steve Jobs has taught many people to push through all obstacles. Steve Jobs had many obstacles in his life. Steve Jobs was given up for adoption without even a name. In his early life Steve Jobs was bullied at school. He faced many obstacles in his early career with very little money it was hard to get Apple off the ground. Steve always strived for excellence as if he needed to prove something to himself. When Steve Jobs turned thirty it looked like he had it all but, then it all came crashing down. In 1981, Apple went public. in two years, Apple hit the Fortune 500 level Steve hired John Sculley, the head of Pepsi-Cola, to be its new chief executive. Steve Jobs was ousted from Apple in 1985 by the chief executive he personally hired.

In a speech Steve Jobs did at Stanford university in 2005 he said, "And then I got fired. How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew, we hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well. But then our visions of future began to diverge and eventually, we fell out. When we did, our board of directors sided with him."

Removed from Apple, Steve did not let being fired from the company he started stop him from doing great things. Steve Jobs began his next adventure, a computer company he named NeXT. But NeXT was not as successful as Apple but, later played a key part in the future of Apple Computer. Seven years later, Steve Jobs closed the factory, fired half the employees and moved the company's main purpose to software development. Not until 1995 did NeXT began to make a profit. In December of that same year, Apple bought the NeXT for $400 million and now its a key part in all of Apple's computers. He also bought a computer animation company named Pixar, that same year from George Lucas. In 1997 Steve Jobs returned to Apple after they begged him to come back because of the problems Apple was facing it. Steve Jobs saved the company.

Steve Jobs is a hero because he overcame much adversity. Steve Jobs teaches that if you are passionate about something you should never give up. Jobs teaches us about perseverance  and if you don't have a passion for something you can never succeed. Steve Jobs lived everyday to the fullest and is my inspiration to work hard and never give up. Steve Jobs died of cancer on October 5th 2011 in Palo Alto, California. Steve Lived a full live and always believed in making everyday memorable.

Works cited

News, ABC. "When Steve Jobs Got Fired." ABC News, 2011. Web. 28 Nov 2013. .

Sanford, Glen. "apple-history.com / specs for every apple computer, established 1996." Apple-history.com, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

"Homebrew And How The Apple Came To Be." Atariarchives.org, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

"Steve Jobs Quotes at BrainyQuote." BrainyQuote, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

Brashares, Ann. Steve Jobs. Brookfield, Conn.: Twenty-First Century Books, 2001. Print.

"What Steve Jobs did when he was fired from Apple - Money - dna." Dnaindia.com, 2013. Web. 28 Nov 2013. .

"Steve Jobs." Forbes, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

"The Life of Steve Jobs." Gizmodo, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

Isaacson, Walter. Steve Jobs. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2011. Print.

"What It's Like To Be Steve Jobs' Boss." The Huffington Post, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

"10 Unusual Things I Didn't Know About Steve Jobs." Thought Catalog, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

"The Long, Extraordinary Career of Steve Jobs - Photo Essays." TIME.com, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

"Steve Jobs." Wikipedia, 2013. Web. 27 Nov 2013. .

Steve Jobs - Art Poster by Gorav