Shigeru Miyamoto

by George Demenibus from Belo Horizonte

A hero has several meanings, one of them is to be good at a subject and help humanity with your knowledge. That is the definition I am going to use to prove Shigeru Miyamoto is a hero.

Shigeru Miyamoto was born on November the 16th, 1952 in Kyoto Japan; he has two children. He is a game director and a game producer. He studied at Kanazaw College of Art. His was a poor family. He didn’t have toys, so he passed his time exploring nature and visiting a cave with several chambers which he says was integrated into his games and became part of his legend. I find it incredible that while having an outdoors childhood he designed indoor video games!

Miyamoto started working for Nintendo making toys. After some time, the director of Nintendo asked him to design a video game. Compared to the video games of that time he made the first video game with animals and people, it was called "Donkey Kong" where Mario appeared, but without a name. Two very important things then happened: he revolutionized video games and he became the father of modern video games

Shigeru Miyamoto was treated as a star in USA, but he wasn't selfish, he was modest and said "It’s a team work". Shigeru Miyamoto sometimes is compared to Walt Disney for his fame.

I admire him because he used his ideas, talents and creativity to create video games. When I grow up I want to be like him. He is a hero because even being treated very well he stays modest and uses his talent to entertain others. So what do you think? Is he a hero or a genius?