Thomas Jefferson

by Zach from Columbus

My hero is Thomas Jefferson. He was a great leader and very intelligent man.

Thomas Jefferson was born April 13, 1743, at Shadwell, Virginia. His parents were Peter Jefferson and Jane Randolph. He is famous because he was the third President of the United States, wrote the Declaration of Independence, and was one of the founding Fathers of America. He also was the first Secretary of State and founded the University of Virginia. There are many other things that he did but I think these are the most important.

Thomas Jefferson made lots of important inventions such as the revolving bookstand, the poly (copying) machine, the dumbwaiter, the concave mirror, the weathervane compass rose, and the solar microscope. This shows he was a very intelligent man.

I think Thomas Jefferson is my hero because he made his own house and he was President for two terms. He wrote the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson was a good man; he worked his hardest every day. He studied the law, wrote the summery review of the Rights of America, and went to the college of William and Mary and Jefferson served six years as a representative in the V.A. house of Burgess. He also was elected to the Second Continental Congress. Thomas Jefferson was a well-spoken, creative, artistic, disciplined, and a scholar.

Thomas Jefferson's Monticello - The Home of Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson's Monticello - Timeline of Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson's Monticello - The Biography of Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson's Monticello - A Day in the Life of Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson Wiki - Lots of Info on Thomas Jefferson