MY HERO HONORED WITH TELLY AWARD
FOR ONLINE VIDEO STORIES

Contact: Jeanne Meyers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
myhero@myheroproject.org
949.376.5964

MY HERO HONORED WITH TELLY AWARD FOR ONLINE VIDEO STORIES

LAGUNA BEACH, CA – 6/14/13 -
The MY HERO Project is the winner of a 2013 Telly Award for its global, online video archive of hero stories. The Telly Awards was founded in 1978 to honor excellence in programs and commercials on local and regional television stations and cable. The prestigious award has since grown to include non-broadcast, or web TV productions.

The mission of the Telly Awards is "to strengthen the visual arts community by inspiring, promoting, and supporting creativity." This year's competition brought in more than 12,000 entries from around the world.

http://myhero.com/TellyAward_2013

Jeanne Meyers, Director of MY HERO, was quick to honor the contributors who make this project a success.

"Our team is grateful to all the filmmakers, artists, writers and students 
who contribute their vision to our global learning community."

The MY HERO Project is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories, music and art with a theme of heroes or heroism. The organization was started in 1995 by a group of concerned parents who wanted to promote stories of heroes to help counteract the negative images that are so prevalent in mainstream media.

The mission of MY HERO is to use media, art and technology to empower people of all ages to realize their own potential to effect positive change in the world. MY HERO's globally accessible, no-charge web site (www.myhero.com) is enjoyed by students and adults in more than 190 countries. Teachers around the globe incorporate MY HERO lesson plans into their teaching and extra-curricular activities.

The annual MY HERO International Short Film Festival, which is celebrating its 9th year, showcases the finest hero-themed video stories by students and professional artists who work to bring positive change to the world through filmmaking. The festival culminates in an Awards Ceremony hosted each fall at the University of California's School of Cinematic Arts. For more information, please visit the MY HERO web site or call 949.376.5964.

MY HERO Promo See the 2013 Online Video Bronze Winner

The Telly Awards Honors the very best film & video productions, groundbreaking online video content, and outstanding local, regional, & cable TV commercials and programs

More Featured Press_Release Heroes