Shaun White

by Joel from Missouri

" A hero to me is someone who inspires"

To some people the word “Hero” means someone who saves people or someone who is the richest, flashiest individual around. Not to me. A hero to me is someone who inspires, and someone who attempts something that people say can’t be done, but also does it for the fun, the fans, and doesn’t do it for the money or the life of being rich and famous. That is why my hero is Shaun White.

Shaun White was born on September 3, 1986. His parents are Rodger and Kathy White who now live in Carlsbad California. Shaun also has a brother Jesse, and a sister Kari. Shaun started snowboarding at the age of six years old and entered his pro career at the age of ten years old. After he began his pro career his older brother Jesse was his manager, best friend, and meant everything to him.

Shaun has many victories and accomplishments. In 2006 Shaun was the first action sports athlete to qualify for both winter and summer X-Games in unique events. Shaun also in 2003 won the espy award for action sports athlete of the year. Some of Shaun’s many victories are the 2003 winter X-Games Halfpipe and slopestyle, The U.S open championships slopestyle, And the Turin winter Olympics halfpipe.

Shaun is currently on the Mountain Dew action sports tour. Shaun also has many victories on skateboard. Shaun is still living in Carlsbad California.

Shaun still continues to inspire many people around the world not caring about the fame or the money. Shaun still continues to snowboard and skateboard to get better, and to entertain his fans, that is why Shaun White is my hero.