Abraham Lincoln

by BEATRIZ from WOODLAND HILLS

Today many people have heroes, and some of them are just ordinary people. In order to be a hero, you just have to have a big heart. You don't have to be an inventor of a machine; heroes can just try to make the world a better place, by doing the smallest actions anyone could think of.

A hero could also be a person that you admire for something that he/she has achieved. That’s why my hero is Abraham Lincoln and not because he was one of the Presidents of United States of America. He is my hero because he never gave up on his dreams, and he achieved them with perseverance.

A lot people think he was just one of the presidents of this great nation, but they should read about him, before anyone says any comments about him. Abraham Lincoln shows me one of the great lessons in life that people should learn which is ‘Not giving up,’ even when the wind is blowing a different way. That would be the reason why this person is my hero. Everyone knows he was poor and that he lost when running for president, but he kept on going.

This is my hero, and I look up to him because he was a person who didn't know what failure meant, at least not to him. He mentioned that he had slipped before, but it was only a slip, not a fall, and that he just had to get up.

Abraham Lincoln is my hero because he taught us that if you want to be something you can. With persistence, anything is possible.