Vince Carter

by Bret from Taipei, Taiwan

(www.nba.com)
(www.nba.com)

Vince Carter was drafted in the first round by Golden State in 1998 and traded to Toronto in the same year. He became the most popular player in Toronto soon. Now he is playing for the New Jersey Nets. Ability in dunking and scoring made him popular with the people, especially when he slam dunks.

(www.nba.com)
(www.nba.com)

Many people believe he is the best dunker in the history of basketball. Even Michael Jordan could not match him. He won the 2000 NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Shown are his photos in the 2000 NBA Slam Dunk Contest.

Carter played for the Men’s Senior National Team for the 2003 FIBA Americas Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Puerto Rico. On average, he scored 12.6 points, third on the team, while shooting 48-75 from the field.

Jump over a 7-feet man (www.nba.com)
Jump over a 7-feet man (www.nba.com)

He has a cousin named Tracy McGrady, who is one of the best players in the NBA, too. Both of them are the leaders of their respective teams. They are not only friends but rivals.

I remember in the first NBA game I watched, Carter finished a powerful dunk with Jason Kidd's assistance, and all the audience cheered for him. This scene deeply touched me. I started to watch NBA every weekend and play basketball. That's why Vince Carter is my hero.