Tim Horton

by Devin from Calgary, Canada

Tim Horton as a Torronto Maple Leaf
Tim Horton as a Torronto Maple Leaf

Tim Horton was born on Jan 12, 1930 in Cochrane, Ontario. Tim Horton was also raised in Cochrane, Ontario. Horton had a dream (a dream like every girl and boy) and it was to become a hockey player in the N.H.L. His dream actually came true. He was one of the best defenseman to ever play hockey. Horton was a father and had a wife and three children.

Tim Horton skating with the puck (www.legendsofhockey.net)

Tim Horton’s wife’s name is Lora. Tim Horton met Lora in Pittsburg. That’s also where he started his donut factory. It started out small like the size of a concession stand. Then it grew and grew and grew. Now it’s all over Canada and the U.S.A. Tim Horton also sponsored Timbitts hockey for younger children. He played for four teams in the N.H.L.; The Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers, Pittsburg Penguins and The Buffalo Sabres. His best years were in Toronto. He was the Assistant Captain and set a record in the playoffs with three goals and thirteen assists for defenseman. In Buffalo, he taught his team most of his knowledge on how to play hockey. This actually worked and the team started to play harder, skate faster and score more. For this the coach made Tim Horton the Assistant Captain. Horton was number #7 for Toronto, #3 for New York, #3 for Pittsburg and #2 for Buffalo.

Tim horton playing for the leafs (www.execulink.com)

Tim Horton won the Stanley Cup three times. Tim Horton’s total stats in hockey were 155 goals and 403 assists. That’s a total of 518 points in only 1445 games.

Horton playing for Buffalo (billsbackers.blogsome.com)

I think Tim Horton is a hero because he made a camp for kids that have disabilities. So they have a place where they can have fun and make friends. Tim Horton was one of the nicest guys ever and he was really, really smart.

Tim Horton: Hockey Legend and Fast Food Icon - Tim Horton: Hockey Legend and Fast Food Icon is for finding information about Tim Horton
Cultural Landmarks of Hamilton-Wentworth Tim Hortons - Cultural Landmarks of Hamilton-Wentworth Tim Hortons is for finding information about Tim Horton and his donut factory
NHL.com - NHL.com is for finding stats, standings and finding information about any hockey player

Maccinis, Craig. Rembering Tim Horton.