Hannah Taylor

by Madison from Canada

“We still have a long way to go. Together we can help." —Hannah

Ten-year-old Hannah Taylor created the Ladybug Foundation to help the homeless. When she was five, Hannah saw someone eating out of a garbage can. A year later, when she was six, she created the foundation. Hannah started the foundation with hopes to cure homelessness.

Hannah has five goals. According to her website, they are:

1. “Teach people that homeless people are just like you and me; they just need us to love them and care for them.”
2. “To teach everyone to treat homeless people like family, because if you do that, you will love them in all the right ways and you will treat them in all the right ways and care for them in all the right ways.”
3. “Teach people that no one should ever eat from a garbage can or live without a bed or a home and to let them know that there are people who have to because they have no choice.”
4. “To ask every person who will listen to help however they can to make life for homeless people better.”
5. “To teach people that homelessness is not sad if you help."

Hannah was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, in 1996. She is the third child of a family of four. Her parents’ names are Bruce and Colleen. She likes nature, dragons, writing and drawing. Her favorite place is at her grandparents' cottage.

Hannah’s mascot is the ladybug. Hannah has collected coffee cans and baby food jars and painted them to look like ladybugs "because ladybugs bring luck and homeless people need good luck." She used the ladybug jars to help raise money for the homeless. Hannah has helped raise more than $5,000 for the homeless.

The Ladybug Foundation - A charitable foundation helping the homeless.

A story update of Hannah Taylor by Emma from Victoria, Canada.