MY HERO UNVEILS NEW MARINE CONSERVATION CURRICULUM

Contact: Wendy Milette  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The MY HERO Project
myhero@myheroproject.org
949-376-5964

OCEAN STEWARDS AND ECO HEROES OF ORANGE COUNTY: A MARINE CONSERVATION CURRICULUM

LAGUNA BEACH, CA 1/03/15 - The MY HERO Project announces the publication of the Ocean Stewards and Eco Heroes of Orange County: A Marine Conservation Curriculum with the sponsorship of the Orange County Community Foundation and the ongoing support of the Laguna Beach Community Foundation.

This unique partnership of like-minded non-profit marine education organizations has resulted in short films and K-12 lesson plans that inspire stewardship of our most precious natural resource-our ocean! Educators and students will be able to use this freely available resource from the MY HERO website at the following web address:
http://myhero.com/organizer/view3.asp?pageid=2124.

The marine conservation curriculum is broken down into topics such as the Kelp Forest or Marine Protected Areas or Marine Debris with paired educational videos and appropriate lesson plans to create a complete unit for K-12 teachers.  Organizations that are partnering with the MY HERO project include:

The Aquarium of the Pacific
Crystal Cove Alliance
The Ecology Center 
Hurley
Get Inspired!
Laguna Bluebelt
Laguna Ocean Foundation
Marine Conservation Society
Ocean Defenders Alliance
One World One Ocean
Orange County Coastkeeper
The Pacific Marine Mammal Center

This program provides the benefit of the educational materials from each of the above activist organizations into one useful and easily available curriculum.  If you would like a copy of the DVD, please email your request to myhero@myheroproject.org with your mailing address. 

The MY HERO Project would like to thank the Orange County Community Foundation for its generous grant for this unique ocean education program.  In addition, the Laguna Beach Community Foundation has provided ongoing support for the MY HERO environmental education programs.  MY HERO would like to thank the individual partner organizations as well for providing the educational enrichment materials that are included in the OCEAN STEWARDS AND ECO HEROES OF ORANGE COUNTY curriculum.

Laguna Beach Community Foundation

Orange County Community Foundation