The Cat in the Hat

By Dr. Seuss

Publisher: Random House, Incorporated. May 1976
ISBN: 039480001X
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
From the Publisher
Back in 1957, Theodor Geisel responded to an article in Life magazine that lamented the use of boring reading primers in schools. Using the pseudonym of "Dr. Seuss" (Seuss was Geisel's middle name) and only two hundred twenty-three words, Geisel created a replacement for those dull primers: The Cat in the Hat. The instant success of the book prompted Geisel and his wife to found Beginner Books, and Geisel wrote many popular books in this series, including Hop on Pop, Fox in Socks, and Green Eggs and Ham. Other favorite titles in this series are Go, Dog, Go! and Are You My Mother? by P. D. Eastman, A Fly Went By, by Mike McClintock, and Put Me in the Zoo, by Robert Lopshire. These affordable hardcover books combine large print, easy vocabulary, and large, bright illustrations in stories kids will want to read again and again. Grades 1 - Grades 2.
User Reviews:
Brian | 4/16/2010 2:46 AM
i like the idea of the cat coming in there house and plays with them cause they were bored
jaylynn | 10/6/2008 2:51 AM
these books gave me so much
and ever since i have been geting
a's
carrinna | 4/18/2008 1:45 AM
im 14 yrs old and i love this book so much
shanique | 4/18/2008 1:43 AM
this rocks so much  i love dr. suess its so much fun
| 4/10/2008 1:36 AM
I like Dr.Suess books. they are real funny. My cousin is crazy about your books.she thinks
that it is very wondeful
tommy | 3/3/2008 12:56 AM
i like your books
Anya The Rhymer | 6/14/2007 9:34 PM
Dr. Seuss was and still is my childhood hero. I know, I know, I'm a teenager, but who cares, really? The Cat In The Hat was the only thing that made me happy when I was little and that was enough to guide me throughout my life so far. I feel that Dr. Seuss's spirit lingers on in his stories, to guide the rest of us, especially the younger generation.
Dr. Milly Sue | 5/16/2007 5:31 AM
Dear Mr.Dr. Suess when I was a little girl your books were the only thing that could make me happy and you have inspired me to write books!!!
rhonda | 4/12/2007 5:46 AM
i love dr. seuss
Fatima | 3/8/2007 7:32 AM
Dear DR. Seuss i am seven years old and i wanted to tell you that i am very thank full for all of the books you wrote for little kids just like me!!!
THANK YOU DR.Seuss!!!

Love:Fatima        

noel | 3/2/2007 5:01 AM
this book is awsome
Jonathan | 1/25/2007 10:11 AM
this is one of the most amazing books I've ever read!
Latifah Lenton | 12/14/2006 4:43 AM
I Love Your Books.They are good books. They make me LAUGH.
tonya | 9/27/2006 2:43 AM
I really like the cat in the hat.i think that is a really good book,my little brother likes me to read to him every nite i ask him what book tonite he says the cat in the hat. I think he should come out with more books for kids.
Kensy | 5/24/2006 1:24 AM
It's a very good book. I like to read comics books and I like funny's stories.
Heidi | 4/7/2006 2:19 AM
NICE BOOK:)
Tatiana Porter | 11/29/2005 1:20 AM
I really loved this book because it gave me inspiration when I was young, It inspired me to learn how to read when I was little so what I want to say Thank you for writting those books.   RIP Dr. Suess
rebfrom cloudlandekah | 10/6/2005 10:42 PM
I THINK THIS WAS THE BEST MOVIE/BOOK EVER!!!!

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews