Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

Restless Spirit: The Life and Work of Dorothea Lange
by Elizabeth Partridge, Dorothea Lange

Publisher: Viking Childrens Books 1998
ISBN: 067087888X

MY HERO recommends this book to young adult readers.

Synopsis
A biography of Dorothea Lange, whose photographs of migrant workers, Japanese American internees, and rural poverty helped bring about important social reforms.

Hero(es) associated:
Dorothea Lange by Susannah Abbey
Dorothea Lange by Amanda from San Diego

Users Reviews:

Elizabeth A. Jackson 1/13/2010 4:23:51 AM
These photographs are life changing experiences and make you see what we should be thankful for...

kenley 4/27/2009 3:14:00 PM
great bio!

nicole 10/14/2008 7:07:09 PM
right now I'm working on a presentation for a school project. i chose Dorothea Lange without knowing who she was. now i know and i think she is very insperational

anna 10/3/2008 6:31:36 AM
I think this photo is so touching

Rosemary 6/8/2008 4:58:48 PM
I have been thinking about Dorothea Lange's work for many years; and, in my view, it's important for almost everyone to at least know some of her work (and what the WPA was). Very much like Shakespeare: too close for comfort, when people really listen. Nevertheless, I'll send it along...look, it the worst I do is send my nieces and nephew Shakespeare and Lange (and such)you never know they might take a look someday......Whatever! Love, Aunt Rosemary xoxoxxo

Rose 2/4/2008 6:36:10 AM
I find the works of Dorothea Lange very inspirational.

Donna 10/30/2007 11:28:23 AM
I think this photo is so touching. It reminds me of my little sister who just passed not too long ago. Art that can make me think about a moment in my life is not only worth seeing but having.

Add your comments

Name

Comments

Human check: please fill in the answer below...
1,2,3,4,5,6,,8,9,10

Copyright by The MY HERO Project

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us