Meriwether Lewis

by Lux from Chicago, Illinois in United States

133089Meriwether LewisMichaeldeas.comIf you're interested in Meriwether Lewis, you should read this interesting paragraph.

Meriwether Lewis was a leader of the Corps of Discovery on the expedition of the Louisiana Purchase. Lewis was born in August 18th, 1774. Lewis's dad died because of a disease when Lewis was at a young age. A few years later, his mom remarried and moved to Georgia. After that, Lewis finished college early to join the army. That was when Lewis became commander of Corps of Discovery.

Meriwether Lewis first was in the army before they bought the Louisiana Purchase. When Jefferson died, he asked Lewis to lead or be commander of the Corps of Discovery. When Lewis accepted their ask, he had William Clark as his co-pilot. That’s when he and Clark spent $2,300 for food and supplies to just help the Corps of Discovery. Ever since they finished, Lewis was a hero.

Meriwether Lewis not only was commander for the Corps of Discovery. He helped society in many ways. Before Lewis was commander he joined the militia army in the Revolutionary War to help win against Britain. Luckily he survived the war and became commander, because his joining the militia army helped us become America.

Meriwether Lewis was a hero in many ways. Lewis was very commanding when he led the group called Corps of Discovery. Then Lewis was thoughtful when it comes to exploring. Lewis explored for about two years, and that's a long time. Lastly he is very very caring to his Corps of Discovery. He spend $2,300 on food and supplies just for this group and him to last on the expedition. That was how Meriwether Lewis was a hero in many ways.

Now you know everything I know about Meriwether Lewis. You know that he’s the one who lead a big group and took great care of the group. Also, he was in the army like it said in the paragraph. Now you know everything I know about Meriwether Lewis.

na, na. biography of Meriwether Lewis. [Online] Available http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/lewisandclark/biddle/biographies_html/lewis.html.1986.