Oprah Winfrey

by Kacy from Woodland Hills

Oprah Winfrey is amazing! She does everything. She is an actress, a producer, and a talk show host. She also has her own magazine and books. Oprah has accomplished many things from helping people to winning many awards. Oprah is a hero because she has helped so many people.

Oprah always makes time to work with different organizations and foundations. Oprah is the national spokesperson for A Better Chance. This organization lets kids that are great in school, from mostly inner city school districts, the chance to attend some of the nation's finest college preparatory schools

When Oprah was a child she was abused. Because of that, Oprah testified before U.S. Senate Judiciary committee to create a database of convicted child abusers. This was put into law in the early 90's. She thought that it was important for people to know who was a child abuser. This whole thing makes Oprah a hero because she has saved children from being abused. She has told people that this person is bad and a child abuser.

Oprah Winfrey is very big on education. She has given millions of dollars to children's educations. She wants people to have an education even if they are under served. Oprah has created "The Oprah Winfrey Scholars Program" that gives scholarships to students who want to give back to their community through their education.

Oprah is the chairman of Harpo Productions. Through Oprah's show, "The Oprah Winfrey Show," she has touched many people. In watching her show you hear about all of the touching and scary things that people have gone through. Oprah is a hero to a lot of people because she love to help. She is always helping or saving. She loves making a difference and it shows!

Oprah - More information about Oprah and all of the thiongs she does.
A Better Chance - The organization that Oprah is the national spokesperson for