Michael James Owen

by Drew from Yorkton

You may have heard of him or maybe you haven't. Michael James Owen was born in Chester, England on Decemember 14, 1979 and grew up to be a great soccer hero. He became the youngest best soccer player. Now he plays for England but before he played for Liverpool. He has won some really cool awards like the "Golden Boot" (you have to score 18 goals in a season). Michael helped England get into the World Cup Finals and he even scored for England in the finals against Romania!

Micheal is a great soccer hero, well at least I think so. Micheal has played in a ton of games and has helped Liverpool and England in many games.

In 1996, he helped Liverpool win the FA Youth Cup. On Decemember 18,1996 Michael signed as a pro for Liverpool FC! On May 6, 1997 he made his debut at the Premiership for The Reds at the age of 17!! On September 9,1997 Micheal set off to play for England's "Under 18" team in a game against Yugoslavia. On October 5,1997 he was invited to train with England's senior team, and on November 18,1997 he got his first senior "Hat-Trick" (3 Goals) against Grimsby in the Coca Cola Cup!

Michael James Owen is my hero because he is a great soccer player and loves playing soccer (like me!), and some day I hope I will be as good or maybe better than Micheal James Owen!!!

Bye!!!

Michael is No. 10 for England and plays center-forward or striker.