My Hero Learning Circle - Middle School Circles - May 2012

Wonderful stories and art about their HEROES from Middle School Kids around the world.

My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others’ cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. These Middle School Circles, MHM1 and MHM2 are very diverse, with classes participating from Azerbaijan, USA, Uganda, Russia, Belarus, Indonesia, Ukraine and Taiwan. The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your inspiring results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our youth. I will add organizer pages as they come in. Cheers – Wendy Jewell – Facilitator – My Hero Learning Circles

MHM1 Global Partners for My Hero Learning Circle May 2012
Credit: Madeline Gillum and her class at Sultana Elementary
Thank you for allowing us to share our heroes who inspire us with you. As we contemplate the characteristics of a hero, we realize that we are surrounded by selfless heroes in both our families and our communities.Their daily dedication in our lives gives us hope for the future. Madeline Gillum
My students have been participating in the My Hero Project since 2009. It is very popular among them. It connects us with far away countries and their cultures. It helps Russian students learn and understand the ideals of foreign students as well as their own ideals. We haven’t yet made any international friendships. We hope to do it in the nearest future. Svetlana Khodko
It's my first experience of doing the My Hero Project and the Learning Circles. I think it is a very interesting and useful work. It helps to improve the command of English and socialize in the internet. My students enjoyed participating in this project. Thank you for your help. Rushana
The sixth grade students enjoyed participating in this year's Learning Circle and having the opportunity to communicate with other students around the world and sharing their ideas about who is a hero.
The experience of participating in this project is great. We have never taken part in such a global project . It helps us to understand that such kind of interaction will help people to solve different problems. «Hero is everyone who is helpful, who can cope with difficulties and doesn`t do harm»- these words are simple, but they are my students` words and I agree with them. Thank you...Zhanna
For God and our Country. Wanyange Girls Secondary School - My Hero Learning Circle page for S.2 level students, age 11 - 15 years. 

Organizer created on 5/28/2012 8:57:16 AM by Wendy Jewell

Last edited 12/24/2018 1:02:51 AM by Anthony Pouw