Battle of the Reef

Produced by:Silky Fox Productions / Directed by: Silke de Vos
Rehabilitating and sustaining the coral reefs in the Philippines

Trinity

By: Ray Zablocki

Trinity is a short documentary film about a struggling Ugandan primary school located in the center of a suburban Kampala slum. The school educated more than 1,000 kids - most of whom can't pay - but the school's enigmatic, passionate founder Romans cannot bear to turn them away. It's a story of hope in the face of extreme poverty, and about creating a home for those who have nothing else.

Mother of All Rivers

By: Produced by: Will Parrinello / Directed by: Will Parrinello

Berta Cáceres rallied her indigenous Lenca people to wage a grassroots protest that successfully pressured the government of Honduras and the world's largest dam builder to withdraw from building the Agua Zarca Dam.

Mbalite

By: Dir. mortalla byfall
Stephen Senghor is a young entrepreneur looks for innovative ways to reduce trash and create innovative solutions to environmental issues.

With Change Comes Opportunity

By: Bluebottle Films - James Sherwood, Danielle Ryan

Rob Pennicott was disappointed the day his local fishing spot was turned into a marine park. Today, Rob says his fishing tourism business, Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, is reliant not just on good fisheries management, but on the longevity of marine park areas in Tasmania.

Hooked on Diving

By: James Sherwood, Danielle Ryan
Nigel Hayward never thought of the impact he had on the ocean as a fisherman until the day he went diving.

Warroora's Salty Oasis

By: James Sherwood, Danielle Ryan
Pastoralist Leonie McLeod hopes to keep her property, which borders Ningaloo Marine Park, a pristine paradise for the world to see.

Bill's Bounty

By: James Sherwood, Danielle Ryan
Fisherman Bill Sawynok was ahead of his time back in the 1990s when he brought the fun of recreational fishing and science together.

A House of Solutions

By: India Water Portal

Rahul Banerjee, a scientist and researcher, has created sustainable and environmentally friendly home-based solutions to manage his own water supply and sanitation issues in Indore, India.

Fishing in Gargul

Produced by:James Sherwood, Danielle Ryan
Gumbaynggirr elder and local fisherman Mark Flanders tells the story about his peoples' relationship with the sea and how marine parks are looking after the marine environment like his people have been doing for thousands of years.

Net Positiva

By: Ian W. McGee
Bureo founded ‘Net Positiva’, a fishnet collection and recycling program aimed at combating the detrimental impacts of discarded fishing nets.

A Song of Oil, Ice and Fire

By: Greenpeace
Right now, Shell is preparing to drill in the Arctic for the first time. If we don’t stop them, it could be the beginning of the end for everything we hold dear --

Laguna Beach Eco Heroes: Pacific Marine Mammal Center

By: Pacific Marine Mammal Center
The Pacific Marine Mammal Center helps rehabilitate injured sealions found off of the Pacific Coast sends them back into the wild healthy and free.

Isle de Jean Charles

By: Emmanuel Vaughan-Lee
This short film offers a portrait of the Isle de Jean Charles, a tiny island deep in the bayou’s of Southern Louisiana. The film explores the changes taking place on the island through the lives of two residents whose families are facing a future where rising seas, coastal erosion and storms are threatening to wash their home away.

Green Heroes: Ta'Kaiya Blaney

By: Joan Prowse & John Bessai
Ta'Kaiya Blaney, a 12 year old Sliammon First Nation, proves that you can never be too young to become a Green Hero!

Take the #PenguinPlunge

By: Dae Levine/Amanda Sully / Directed by: Simon DeLittle/Dae Levine
Take the #PenguinPlunge!

Tuggerah Lakes Estuary Environmental Animation

By: Produced by Lisa Madden / Directed by Stefan Wernik and Guy Jamieson
Simple solutions to complex environmental problems.

ECO Warrior

By: James Pribram, Charles McMahon
The ECO Warrior, James Pribram, works tirelessly in hopes that the ocean will be preserved for the future.

A Tribute to Sylvia Earle
By: One World One Ocean

A tribute to oceanographer Sylvia Earle from One World One Ocean.

The Ocean We Want To Know

By: Macgillivray Freeman Films
One World One Ocean's new animated video celebrates the wonders of the ocean with stunning facts about our connection to the planet's lifeline.

Olivia's Birds and the Oil Spill

By: Lynne Cherry
Young Olivia loves birds, and creates over 500 paintings of her feathered friends to raise funds for Audubon's bird rescue.

Transition Laguna Beach

By: Cory Sparkuhl
Transition Laguna Beach aims to shift the local community towards clean energy and environmental conservationism.
Aitan Grossman
By: The Working Group
Aitan Grossman uses music to promote environmentalism.

ECO Hero Rap

By: Wendy Milette & Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach
Students in the Celebrate ECO Heroism Program at the Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club collaborated on this song with the help of musician, Stu Pearlman.

Seafood Story

By: Wendy Milette
Creatures of the sea voice their pain about overfishing.

Home to Turkana

By: John Antonelli / Will Parinello
Ikal Angelei returned to her homeland in Kenya to stop construction on a $60 billion dam that would imperil Lake Turkana and the people whose survival depends on it.  

The New Russia

By: Will Parinello
In the face of rampant political corruption, Evgenia Chirikova is mobilizing her fellow Russian citizens to reroute a highway that would destroy Moscow’s Khimki Forest.

Purely Pacific Northwest

By: John Eklund
Purely Pacific Northwest

Bag It

By: Michelle Hill
This film examines the impact of plastics on the environment, marine animals and human health.

The Researcher

By: Kerrin Sheldon / Gaston Blanchet
Dibesh Karmacharya is a conservation biologist who returned to his home country of Nepal to contribute his genetics expertise to a momentous task: conserving the Bengal tiger in the Himalayas.

Synthetic Seas

By: Jody Lemmon
13 people from different walks of life board a research vessel to explore the South Atlantic Gyre and learn more about the constantly worsening problem of plastic pollution.

The Arctic Garden

By: Will Parinello/Tom Dusenberry
Caroline Cannon, an Inupiat indigenous leader, takes aim at offshore oil drilling that threatens her people and the biodiversity in the Arctic Sea.

An Inconvenient Youth -- 2012

By: Slater Jewell-Kemker from CANADA / USA
This important documentary film by MY HERO alum Slater Jewell-Kemker gives a voice to young people living and working on the front lines of climate change.

Stories of TRUST - Alaska

By: Christi Cooper-Kuhn, Katie Lose-Gilbertson, Kelly Matheson
Nelson Kanuk of Alaska is taking a case to court on behalf of the Alaskan environment.

Stories of TRUST - Arizona

Young Navajo artist Jaime Lynn Butler campaigns to save the environment of her beloved American Southwest.

Stories of TRUST - Pennsylvania

Ashley Funk challenges the US government over the coal-related pollution plaguing her community.

The Mothers of Ituzaingo

By: Will Parrinello
When her infant daughter died from pesticide poisoning, Sofia Gatiica organized the mothers in her community to stop the indiscriminate spraying of toxic agrochemicals.

Erica Fernandez: The Tool of Protest

By: The Center for Advancing Unity & The Working Group
A young girl defends her community for corporate polluters.

NOBELITY: Wangari Maathai [Excerpt]

By: Turk Pipkin
An Excerpt from the Feature Doc "Nobelity" produced by Turk Pipkin.

Oil and Water

By: Seth Warren and Nicholas Franczyk
Excerpt from the feature film that follows two kayakers on their adventurous petroleum free journey.

Laurie and Larry David NRDC

By: Jeanne Meyers
Laurie David, Global Warming Activist, and her husband writer/comedian Larry David share with MY HERO at the NRDC event in Los Angeles, CA. 2004.

Tiger Talk

By: Ravi Prakash, Ashutosh Joshi
A tiger tells us his story.
Out Here in the Fields: Quail Hill Farm
By: Alec Hirschfeld
Quail Hill Farm is a special organic garden touching the community of East Hampton.

Don't Give it All Away

By: Slater Jewell-Kemker
Slater uses this wonderful song by World Party to promote youth activism.

One World One Ocean

By: MacGillivray Freeman Films

One World One Ocean campaign inspires stewardship of the sea.

MY HERO Report II - Slater
By: The MY HERO Project <br> Additional footage by ChampionsOfUnity.org
Slater Jewell-Kemker, a talented filmmaker and activist who started at MY HERO.

Celebrate ECO Heroism at Crystal Cove

By: Wendy Milette
You conserve what you love.

Trash Talk

Produced by:Luc La Montagne
Doing the right thing for your home.

Help Mary Save Coral

By: Miranda Andersen from CANADA
One woman's effort to save the world's underrated natural resource, coral.

Support for this section of MY HERO has been provided in part by The Puffin Foundation.

Credit: http://myhero.com/images/ecreateuserimages/sr_425201370846.jpg

Organizer created on 4/10/2013 3:17:46 PM by Jun Kelly

Last edited 11/22/2019 1:23:23 AM by Anthony Pouw