Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

10th Annual Laguna HERO Fest
A Celebration of World Oceans Day - JUNE 8TH!
This year MY HERO is working with One World One Ocean with this celebration of World Ocean's Day at [seven-degrees]! Join us by submitting art, songs and videos in the theme of Ocean Conservation. To submit contact: media@myheroproject.org

Now celebrating it's 10th year the Laguna Hero Fest is a wonderful community building event held annually at [seven-degrees] in beautiful Laguna Beach. Thanks to support from the City of Laguna Beach.

Films Celebrating 2016 Honorees
Community HERO Gregg Abel - USA
The 2016 Community Award recipient is Gregg Abel for more than 35 years of service to greater Laguna Beach.
Producer: Charles McMahon
Pray For A Cure by Music in Common -
This original song and music video was created by local youth from diverse religious backgrounds titled “Pray for a Cure", mentored through the Music in Common program at the Laguna College of Art and Design, spearheaded by Jason Feddy, Warren Sellars, and Alisa Eisenberg.
Producer: Music in Common
Art and Nature by Greg MacGillivray for The Laguna Art Museum - USA
Marinta Skupin became the Curator of Education at Laguna Art Museum in 2012. Skupin creates opportunities for all audiences to engage in meaningful and enjoyable ways with art. The Art & Nature Festival, now going into its 4th year, is one of her most successful projects and her enthusiasm for art is infectious.
Producer: Greg MacGillivray
LAGUNA BEACH LIVE! -
Laguna Beach Live!, a non-profit organization, strives to increase the awareness of and participation in diverse musical experiences, enhancing the reputation of Laguna Beach as a music town. Since 2001, Laguna Beach Live! has brought professional music to the community of Laguna Beach in intimate settings, at accessible venues and at affordable prices. lagunabeachlive.org/
Producer: Laguna Beach Live

POSITIVE SPIN featuring Give a Beat -
Community music educational non-profit organization Give a Beat, founded by Laguna Beach entrepreneur Lauren Segal brings a positive spin to youth in need.
Producer: Give a Beat

9th Annual Laguna Hero Fest Honorees

Gregg Abel at the 2015 Laguna Hero Fest
Credit: Miss Jaime Photography

The 2016 Laguna Hero Fest Community Award is being presented to Gregg Abel for more than 35 years of service to greater Laguna Beach. His impressive work includes designing and building beautiful custom homes all over Laguna, serving as the former President of the local Chamber of Commerce, actively leading, with his wife Kathy, the growth of the Friendship Shelter, and currently serving as a Board of Director for the Laguna Food Pantry. Gregg's generosity to this town is unprecedented.

Jason Feddy with Pray for a Cure Music Video Participants
Credit: Music In Common

Patsee Ober Photography
Credit: Patsee Ober

Art & Nature Laguna Art Museum - honoree Marinta Skupin
Credit: Laguna Art Museum

Zeda Stone and Bryn Mooser honorees from RYOT.org
Credit: RYOT

RYOT Foundation has launched a program called " The Great Escape Project". This program will bring uplifting Virtual Reality experiences to children who are patients at CHOC Hospital. Zeda Stone and Bryn Mooser both with roots in Laguna Beach are spearheading this humanitarian project.

Pediatric Patients at CHOC Hospital experience Virtual Reality from RYOT Foundation
Credit: RYOT

Give a Beat.org
by Lauren Segal, Founder
Whitney Winefordner
by Laguna Beach Teen Vocalist
Patsee Ober Swimming in the Pacific Ocean by Laguna
by Patsee Ober
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB of LAGUNA BEACH
by Karla Fandel, Art Director

Special thanks to our sponsors

STU NEWS LAGUNA

KX93.5 FM

Firebrand Media

City of Laguna Beach

Seven-Degrees

Featured Laguna Beach Heroes from 2015
Laguna Beach Eco Heroes: One World One Ocean - USA
One World One Ocean is a global campaign led by Greg MacGillivray to raise awareness for ocean conservation.
Producer: The MY HERO Project
Laguna Beach Eco Heroes: Wyland - USA
Wyland is an iconic activist who uses his art, music and love of nature to inspire and encourage stewardship of the planet.
Producer: The MY HERO Project
Laguna Beach Eco Heroes: Mary Fegraus - USA
Mary Fegraus has lead the campaign to create a wilderness park in the greenbelt surrounding Laguna Beach. Thank You Mary Fegraus.
Producer: The MY HERO Project
Laguna Beach Eco Heroes: James Dilley - USA
James Dilley is the father of the Laguna Greenbelt and is commemorated in this wonderful little Ditty.
Producer: The MY HERO Project

We accept ongoing submissions. Register on MY HERO to submit your work of art, song, short film or essay in the theme of heroism.

Or email your submission to media@myheroproject.org

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us