National Teachers Week is the first week in May

Stories

Esther Wojcicki

By: Wendy Milette and Jeanne Meyers

Laura Nietzer

By: David Kemker from The My Hero Project
Laura Nietzer inspires her students through the MY HERO Learning Circle.

Rowena Gerber

By: Wendy Jewell
Rowena Gerber and her students raise money to send Solar Ovens around the world.

Bill Belsey

By: Jesse from Calgary
Bill Belsey teaches his students and others how to stand up to bullying.

Erin Gruwell

By: Annie Merkley
Erin Gruwell continues to inspire educators and students around the world with her compassion and wisdom.

Mali Bickley

By: David Kemker
Mali Bickley is proud of her students who won Best Film (Rainforest Fable), Elementary category, of the 8th Annual MY HERO Film Festival.

Barry Kramer

By: David Kemker
Barry Kramer empowers students to ask questions and find answers through Learning Circles, a telecollaborative learning experience.

Atsuko Shiwaku

By: David Kemker
Atsuko Shiwaku set up the International Intercultural Mural Exchange Project to promote peaceful coexistence.

Johann Olav Koss: Right To Play

By: Wendy Jewell from The My Hero Project
Johann Olav Koss is a Norwegian Olympian who founded Right to Play.

Teri Gabrielsen

By: Wendy Jewell from The MY HERO Project
Teri Gabrielsen founded Africa Schools of Kenya.

Kris Agboado

By: Annie Merkley
"Awake Voltarians Awake, Shallot beds are weary and tired, Educational standards have fallen, Technological ideologies are wanting.Awake Voltarians to take back your gifted mantle of education, Awake Voltarians awake"..excerpt from poem by Kris Agboado

Valentina Mindoljevic

By: Antonio Mendoza
Valentina Mindoljevic is a science teacher who helped to provide aid to women and child refugees in Croatia.

Anusia Kaczorkiewicz

By: Annie Merkley
Anusia Kaczorkiewicz commutes to remote schools in Argentina to bring students the world.

Cheikh Darou Seck

By: Seny from Dakar
Cheikh Darou Seck is an English teacher in Senegal who inspires his students to become MY HERO reporters and filmmakers.

Viola Vaughn

By: Brande from Spokane
Viola Vaughn founded an organization that supports girls working to achieve academic success in Africa.

John Seigel Boettner

By: Betty Bailey
John Seigel Boettner brings his classroom out into the world and the world into his classroom through bikes and film.

Maria Montessori

By: Brickton Montessori School
Maria Montessori developed a new approach to education.

Razia Jan

By: Brynn from Connecticut
Razia Jan founded Razia's Ray of Hope to improve the lives of women and girls in Afghanistan.

Elizabeth Daley

By: Wendy Milette
Elizabeth Daley has created an outstanding multi media educational program that serves as a model for the world.

Dr. Ed Gragert

By: Wendy Jewell
Dr. Ed Gragert works towards peace and global education.

Sadie Dunn

By: Jemirio from Roxboro
Sadie Dunn is an inspiring role model as a teacher and great-grandmother.

Shirley Blair

By: Wendy Jewell
Shirley Blair helps bring education to Tibetan children from Nepal.

Raden Ajeng Kartini

By: Ines from Jakarta
Raden Adjeng Kartini championed education and civil rights for women in Indonesia.

Booker T. Washington

By: Danielle from San Diego
Booker T. Washington was an educator and the founder of the Tuskegee Institute.

Colonel Francis Parker

By: Dan Frank
Colonel Francis Parker was known as 'The Children's Crusader' and 'The Teacher of Teachers.'

Charles Michel de L'Epee

By: Monica from San Diego
Charles Michel de L'Epee was a French educator known as 'The Father of the Deaf'.

Susan Elizabeth Blow

By: Alex from Wallingford
Susan Elizabeth Blow founded the first public kindergarten school in America.

Dr. Margaret Honey

By: Wendy Jewell
Dr. Margaret Honey is working to transform the way we educate our children in science, math, engineering and technology.

Ellen Dizzia

By: Annie from Annie Merkley
Ellen Dizzia helped founded Access Inglés to improve English foreign language programs in Chile.

Geoffrey Canada

By: Wendy Jewell
Geoffrey Canada is an educator, social activist and president of the Harlem Childrens Zone in New York.

Guillermo Ojeda-Lajud

Guillermo Ojeda-Lajud is teacher in Mexico who helps his students gain filmmaking skills.

Martha Mecartney

By: Jonathan Cohen
Martha Mecartney is a scientist, engineer and professor committed to helping young women interested in the field of science.

Paul Cummins

By: Kristin Herbert for MY HERO
Paul Cummins has devoted his career to finding ways to provide all children equitable access to a quality education.

Peter Copen

By: David Kemker
Peter Copen is the founder of iEARN (International Education and Resource Network).

Art

Esther Attean

By: Robert Shetterly

John Hunter

By: Robert Shetterly

Betty Morgan

By: Robert Shetterly

Wendell Berry

By: Robert Shetterly

Film

WOJ!
Producer: by Jeanne Meyers & Wendy Milette
Esther Wojcicki shares her vision for a Moonshot Movement in Education.
Freedom Writers: Stories From an Undeclared War [Trailer]
Producer: Freedom Writers Foundation

Inspired by their teacher, Erin Gruwell, and the writings of Anne Frank, the students discover a new way to express themselves.

Lena Nozizwe presents Alice Princess is Fresh!
Producer: Lena Nozizwe
As a child in Malawi, Africa, Alice Princess Msumba Siwundhla, Ph.D., was handed a hoe and told to help contribute to the meals in her village.

MY HERO Media Arts Educators

Producer: The MY HERO Project
The MY HERO Project's story is told through the artists and mentors who have grown with the project over the last twenty years.

MY HERO Media Arts Educators: Skip

Producer: MY HERO
Skip Blumberg is a renowned video artist who shares his knowledge and wisdom through MY HERO Media Arts Programs.

MY HERO Media Arts Educators: Slater

Producer: MY HERO
Slater has grown up with the MY HERO Project where she has been inspired to be an activist for change.

MY HERO Media Arts Educators: Mohamed

Producer: MY HERO
Youth media activist, Mohamed Sidibay discusses transition from a child soldier to being a peace activist.

Jessica Baron Guitars in the Classroom

Produced by:The MY HERO Project
Jessica Baron is the Founder and Executive Director of Guitars in the Classroom which she launched in 1998 and she has made it her mission to devote herself to "making music more accessible for teachers and students ever since."

MY HERO Global Educator Award: Paul Cummins

Producer: The MY HERO Project

MY HERO honors Paul Cummins at the 2014 MY HERO International Film Festival

Mada Leach

Producer: Victoria Murphy
Mada Leach has been a visual artist for 50 years. She is also the co-founder of Laguna Outreach for Community Arts, (LOCA), a non-profit coalition of arts educators.
A Tribute to Sylvia Earle
Producer: One World One Ocean

A tribute to oceanographer Sylvia Earle from One World One Ocean.

Organizer created on 3/13/2017 12:20:51 PM by Becky Miller

Last edited 5/8/2019 12:26:08 PM by Xenia Shin