PEACE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE FILM SCREENING

Enjoy these inspiring short films featuring peace and social justice heroes!

About Ron Kovic

Produced by:The MY HERO Project
Ron Kovic is a best selling author, activist and artist. A decorated Marine, he was paralyzed in combat during the Vietnam War. Today, Kovic wields wisdom and experience as a champion for peace.

Remembering History: EJI's Legacy Museum & National Memorial for Peace and Justice

Produced by:MY HERO

Trey Carlisle covers the opening of the Equal Justice Initiative's National Memorial for Peace and Justice.

Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace

Produced by:The MY HERO Project
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.

Playas de Tijuana

Sophie Kim
An inspiring poem about the border fence that meets the sea, where names become prayers and where “the worst place to be is here and not there.”

Women Transforming Media: Gabrielle Gorman

Produced by:Xenia Shin, Jeanne Meyers, et al.
Emerging filmmaker Gabrielle Gorman's poetic filmmaking confronts issues like identity, racism and self-love. We talk to the 2016 MY HERO International Film Festival Student Honoree, National Young Arts alumna in Cinematic Arts and Presidential Scholar finalist about how she wants to make art for social change.

Women Transforming Media: Kim Adelman

Women Transforming Media talks to the queen of short filmmaking, Kim Adelman about the newest edition of her book, Making It Big in Shorts. Kim tells us about programming the American Cinematheque's Focus on Female Directors Showcase for over a decade, the Female Filmmaking Collective, and why you should make a short film.

Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller

Kasha Slavner
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.

Gray Areas

Produced by:Cheri Gaulke, Jackson Kroopf, and Alethea Paradis
Two U.S. teens travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to explore the gray areas of governmental policies and human experience in this contested region.

From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station

Produced by:Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan Roberson, Jahan Kha...
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.

Educate Girls

Produced by:Skoll Foundation
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential

He Named Me Malala - Official Trailer

Produced by:Laurie MacDonald
HE NAMED ME MALALA is a portrait of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai.

Still I Rise

Gabriel Diamond, Patrick Barnes, Phil Collis
A visual and musical interpretation of American poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou’s electrifying poem "Still I Rise."

Learn about the MY HERO International Film Festival

International Film Festival Overview

Produced by:MY HERO

The MY HERO International Film Festival is celebrating 15 years of inspiring media. Become part of the community and submit your work today. myhero.com/submit

International Film Festival - Call for Entries

Organizer created on 5/15/2019 3:52:16 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 6/6/2019 2:00:08 PM by Wendy Milette