View Comments

PRIYA from CHANDIGARH, INDIA - UT, INDIA - 5/25/2010 at 8:21 PM.
Internet has brought revoulation in our lives. It has changed our lives. The distance is over now. world has become closer and has become a family. Internet has created love and peace in the world.It has promoted international bussiness, education, knowledge and understanding among peoples. Social networking sites has created love, faith and brotherhood in the world and created a atmosphere of trust, respect and love for oyher cultures and languages. Internet is based on satellites or under ocean cables. This has done a tremendous revolution in mankind.Think about mobile phone, it is now part and parcel of poorest people.After about 5 years, Internet will become the part of our life either through mobile phones or through computers/laptops. You can't evade it, else you will get lost.Crores of employments have been generated based on Internet. Banking,premium payments,Tax payments, Ticket reservation, knowledge base,information, correspondenes, complaints and what not, is being done from home at any time 24x7. So get Broadband connection with Desktop PC with net banking facility without delay.The countes will be closed in near future like private airlines.There are many reliable anti virus,internet security,Adware,Malware,Spyware available at affordable cost to counter spying and infection. Nothing to worry about that and definately internet will make our lives peaceful and happier and make the world to a better place to live in.

R J Smith from Brisbane - Q L D, Australia - 9/21/2007 at 9:07 PM.
I think its a beautiful idea to bring peace in to any one's life no matter how small. Brjut only with respect and knowledge can we as people step in each others shoes and inspire each other to greatness. and like a ripple a pebble makes on the calm water of a puddle, so to do acts of kindness or peace bring ripples on the waters of life. Often, you do not see the effects of the impact of our actions has on the world. However, that isn't a reason to give in to pessimism and to not act with absolute confidence every act is of hero value and needed by our world

Shonta White from Sylvania - Georgia, USA - 2/03/2006 at 5:52 AM.
Well i really don't think that the internet is for peace and hope, but if I use my resources then maybe it may be I beleave that peace is just one step away. No matter where it. Many people tell things that they don't tell any one else about because of the way they may react so the internet can be a consilation

seeker from , planet earth - 11/29/2005 at 5:48 PM.
the internet is like the ocean
it really has no borders
and knows no religion
it moves across in waves
flowing back and forth
getting jammed
crashing down
then calm and smooth sailing
a future of cross cultural
communication
about the things that matter
peace and the environment
and then protection
of the innocents
how do we protect
our innocents
can we keep the traffic moving
keep those in power honest
keep the artists exploring
with lots of room to grow
then watch something new
and completely different
between some people who love one another
there is only distance that seperates space
not true souls...
the internet is a wonderful spiritual space if used appropriately.

Bianca Jones from Jackson - Mississippi, United States - 3/10/2005 at 8:42 AM.
I think that it is really amazing what you guys are doing. It was really thoughtful. All I would like to say is keep up the good work.

rodger - 1/16/2004 at 2:21 PM.
what a great site

DonnaJean from Boise - Idaho, America - 1/15/2004 at 10:15 AM.

I’m writing this essay because I’m supposed to define the word hero. A hero to me is someone who risks their lives, is compassionate, and shows bravery. The research I’ve conducted is that heros are helpful towards humans and animals. Heros are important because they inspire people, and they help people. These three people, Donnie Inman (my brother), Sam Morales, and Stephen Bona are all heros to me.

The first hero I’m going to talk about is my brother Donnie Inman. He is my hero because he risks his life for others everyday. He is also compassionate because he cares for others and because he loves his wife and I.

Next there is Sam Morales. He is a hero because he shows compassion. He cared about five people he saved, while risking his own life. Apparently, he found out that the people he saved were his trainer’s sister. He was also brave enough to go into the fire and save those five people.

Last but not least there is Stephen Bona who is hero because he showed bravery. He showed bravery by saving a woman’s life from a shark. He also showed compassion because he didn’t want her to get bitten or eaten the shark. He showed compassion by caring for her because she had an open cut and he knew that blood attracts sharks. He took her to the shore that was far away and he got her away from the shark.

In the end I found out that heros are important because they save people by risking their own lives, being brave, and showing compassion. It’s important to me because those three characteristics I feel describe a hero.

Emily P. from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/15/2004 at 10:00 AM.

At Les Bois Junior High school we are writing about heros for English. We are describing heros and how we think of them. A hero to me is some one who is brave. A hero has nothing to do with a job unless you are a fire fighter or a cop. But to be a hero you are doing what you know is right. Also, helping animals or people in need. The definition of a hero is a man of distinguished bravery and a principle figure.I would like to tell you how much work I have done on this hero project and how much I did not know about them and what I have learned.

Doing what you know is right is one way to be a hero. Cederic Redus,Tatoris Shepherd,and Michael Travis have done this specfic hero category. These three teens saved a trucker from his burning truck full of gas that would blow up any minute. They grabbed the trucker from the flaming truk even though they did not want to. They got 10 to 20 feet away and it blow into pieces. Doing what is right is a tough thing to do because you have to make a decision between your heart and your brain.

Jonathen Griswold and Clay Gneza showed bravery to their class mates and school. They talked a class mate into putting his gun down and not doing anything stupid because it would ruin his life. This shows bravery . This took a lot of courage to stand up in the middle of class and talk him out of it.

Finally, Beate Litz has helped sea lions in need. She has fead and given homes to sea lions for a couple of years. She saves them from the ocean and keeps them until they are well again. This is important because they could become extinct if she didn’t rescue them.

These are just a few characteristics of a hero. There are many more stories about heros but these were some I chose to tell you.If you would like to learn more about hero do some research.

Zach from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/15/2004 at 9:57 AM.

I am writing an essay to tell why a hero is a hero. A hero is a person of nobility, bravery, and compassion. A hero can be almost anyone because it is a person that dose things for other people. Firemen are heroes because they do things for people all the time. They help people in need and in danger. I found my heroes on a search web. I found three heroes and they all shared the three qualities listed above.

Firemen are heroes because they show bravery every day. They save peoples lives and shows compassion too. Firemen can show all kinds of things that relate to a hero. Firemen are one of my favorite kinds of heroes.

Martin Luther King is another kind of hero because he showed compassion fighting for people’s rights. He also showed bravery standing up for all African American’s and died doing it. Martin Luther King was a big part of history for African American’s and American.

One of the few kinds of heroes is normal people that do things for other people. A man and his daughter helped a young girl lost in a subway. They spent all night trying to find the young girl’s parents and finely found them.

I think that we should heroes because danger happens every day and we need heroes to help us with that danger. Being a hero is hard because people have fears but firemen and other kinds of heroes won’t show that fear. With out heroes the world wouldn’t be safe and we probably wouldn’t be ware we are today.

Emily from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/15/2004 at 9:54 AM.

The dictionary defines the term hero as a man or woman of distinguished bravery. In my opinion, some of the things that make a hero is compassion, putting others first, and bravery. Heros are saving other people that they don’t even know, putting others before themselves and being brave. Through my research, I was able to locate three people on the Internet who I think are heros. They are Roxanne Vega, Michael Fraiser, and Samantha Marie Rowland. I am going to tell why these three people are Heros to me.

Michael Fraiser plunged into a cloud of poisonous gas to save another man’s life. He is a hero to me because he did what was right. Now all people have doubts and fears, and Michael Fraiser was no exception. He probably knew he was going to die, but he rushed into the gas and saved the life of a man he didn’t even know. Extraordinary act of bravery like this do not happen very often. I know I would never be able to do anything like that.

The next person I am going to talk about is Roxanne Vega. She scaled an icy cliff to safe the lives of two children that were still trapped in a car. She is a hero to me because she was compassionate. She cared about the kid’s well being. She didn’t just let the kids stay in the car and die. She scaled that cliff even when she was injured. Not a lot of people who are injured would scale an icy cliff to save two children.

The third person I am going to talk about is Samantha Marie Rowland. She is a hero to me because she learned to read when no one else thought she could. She is a hero to me because she showed moral courage. She did not let her problem take over her life. She took responsibility for herself to get help for her problem even though she knew it would be hard.

I wrote this essay because I want to share my view of what I think makes someone a hero. Before I did that research, I never fully understood how important heroes are in the lives of others. Just think what life would be like if we didn’t have heros. If no one ever saved the life of someone else and if no one cared about hurting people’s feelings, the world would not be a very good place to live in. Heros manage to restore the peace. Heroes can pick up the pieces when a person fees like their life is falling apart. Heros improve the lives of people everyday all around the world. Because of heroes, we are able to carry on each day.

Brian from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/15/2004 at 9:52 AM.

What is a hero? A hero is a person that risks their lives, put others first and does what he or she knows is right. I’m writing this essay because heroes are important to little kids that need a hero to measure up to. I did a lot of research to find heroes that I want to measure up to when I’m older. And I found three heroes’ that did this.

The first group of people I consider hero’s showed doing what they knew was right. Cederio Redus, Latoris Shetherd and Michael Travis saved a man from a gasoline fire. They took him from his truck and got him to safety. They showed bravery and compassion when they did what they did.

The second group of people risks their lives everyday. The U.S. Army risks their lives everyday so no harm comes to us. They are in Iraq right now helping people get their lives back together, and to find Osama Bin Laden. They go to many other countries to help other people.

The third hero is Sam Morales. He put other people first. Sam Morales was training to be an Olympic Boxer. He smelled smoke in his apartment so he ran to his neighbor’s apartment and got Toni Joshson and her four grandkids out of the building to safety. Toni Joshson and her grandkids are glad to be alive because of Sam Morales.

Heroes can be anyone. They can be a mom, dad, your brother or sister. Heroes give little kids hope for the future. The three characteristics of what a hero is such as risks lives, doing what you is right and to put others first. If we didn’t have hero’s there would be a lot of people in jail.

Ricky S. from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/14/2004 at 8:41 AM.

What is a hero? A hero is someone who’s brave, compassionate, and has courage. People also look up to you if you are a hero. Risking their own life and saving others are characteristics of a hero. I chose three people during my research that I believe are heroes. These three people have courage, bravery, and compassion.

Omar Rivera’s dog, named Daisy saved people on 9/11 from the World Trade Center. Daisy showed compassion when she ran back into the building and saved a total amount of 967 lives from the World Trade Center. Daisy had bruises all over and had one broken leg, but she got an award for saving a lot of people.

Sam Morales was brave because he saved lots of kids. He also saved a lady and an elderly woman from a burning building. The second thing that I want to tell you about Sam Morales is that he could of ran off but instead he put his own life in danger for those people. Another reason why Sam Morales is a hero is because he could have called 911 but instead he saved the people himself. Sam was training for boxing when he smelled smoke. He was not afraid which made him a hero.

Jonathon Griswold and Clay Gheza showed courage by sticking up for students. A man pulled a handgun on the kids in school. They stopped him from harming students. The second reason why they are heroes is because they didn’t run. They put their lives in jeopardy to save the kids. The final reason why they are true heroes is because they could have called 911, instead they had an instinct to act immediately. They thought waiting for the police would probably be a bad idea. The kids would have been harmed.

A hero is someone brave and who shows compassion towards others. In dangerous situations they save lives. If people didn’t have bravery, courage and compassion some people would be dead. In my research I found out that these three people have bravery, courage and compassion. I think that these characteristics are what make up a hero.

Anthony T from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/14/2004 at 8:39 AM.

A hero is brave and fearless. A hero saves other peoples lives and risks their own life to help others. Heroes are important because some people would not be alive if heroes were not around. There are certain people that might be heroes in the future. You have to be brave to save other people. Everyone could be brave if they wanted to. I went on-line and looked up heroes and found three people that were brave, saved people’s lives and helped others.

The first part about being a hero is being brave. You have to be brave to tackle a person like Jonathan Griswold and Clay Gheza. They tackled a guy with a handgun at school. You would have to be brave to tackle someone with a handgun. Not everyone would tackle a guy with a handgun. I bet that if you saved a person’s life you would feel good about yourself.

A hero has to save people. Like Sam Morales saved people from a burning house. People would be dead if he didn’t risk his own life. It is not easy to save people’s life. Sam is a hero to me because he risked his own life for people that he didn’t know.

The final characteristic is helping others. Cederic Redus, Latoris Shepherd, and Michael Travis cared about someone they didn’t know. They helped a truck driver on a highway. They pulled him out of the truck after the truck rolled over. They pulled him out before the truck exploded. They had faith that they could pull him out before it exploded and they did. That is why they are my heroes.

If there were more heroes there would be more people in the world. If people looked out for other people everyone would be happy. You have to be brave to save people’s lives and have faith. Sometimes you need help but people run away because they want to save their own life. That is why heroes are important because heroes will go out there and help.

Andrew H from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/14/2004 at 8:35 AM.

What is a hero? A hero to me is people who have courage, bravery, and saves people lives. The definition of a hero is: Legend a man of great strength and courage favored by the gods. That is the definition from the dictionary. I did research on hero and found three people that that showed most of these qualities.

The first thing I will tell you of a brave man and his name is Elvin Huber. Elvin was the bravest man that I ever knew. Even when he found out that he had lung cancer. He always tried to make things easy for everyone else and made sure that every thing was in place. He never showed that he was scared.

The next thing I will tell you tell you of a man that saved peoples lives. This mans name is Omar E. Rivera. He saved people from the Twin Towers, but he needed to have his dog help him. His dog was the main reason that he is alive because the man was blind.

The last thing I will tell about a guy that showed courage and his name is Erich Weihmeyer. He was blind and he still climbed Mount Everest a copal times. Hess don it without a seeing eye dog. He showed courage because he was blind and still did so much stuff.

Now I guess we know what a hero is. All the people I wrote bout about all show what I think makes a things I think makes a hero are, is courage, bravery, and people’s lives.

John K from Boise - Idaho, USA - 1/14/2004 at 8:32 AM.

Hi! My name is John. I think heroes are brave, compassionate, and they do what is right. In my research, I found three people who have these characteristics. I think heroes are important because they show us what is right and what is wrong.

A hero is someone who is brave. Michael Travis risked his life to save a hurt truck driver. He put other people before himself. I think he was brave.

Another characteristic of a hero is someone who has compassion. My Dad, Robert Karrels is a hero to me because he knows when I am hurt and he cares. He helps me when I need help. My Dad comforts me and takes care of me.

My last hero is a person who did what was right. His name is Jonathan Griswald. He stopped a gunman from killing people at school. He risked his life he helped rather than run. Jonathan Griswald distracted the gunman and grabbed the gun. This is an important part of being a hero to me.

I think heroes need to be brave, compassionate, and they need to do what is right. Heroes put others before themselves. Heroes risk their lives to save others. They are very important. If we didn’t have heroes, everything would be different than the way it is.

boochie from sandusky - ohio, united states - 1/12/2004 at 10:52 AM.
I think that you guys got a good website and it is very useful to us kids for reports.Also it helps the teachers so they aint got to waste they time on looking for books.so thank you for inventing this website very much.

Emma Jenny Taylor from Milton Keynes - Bucks, England - 12/21/2003 at 1:33 PM.
It is a great site

sagichnicht from german - german, german - 11/26/2003 at 6:31 AM.
I think this website are very good!!!!!!! I´m a german puiple so i can´t speak english very well! Yours, sagichnicht

eric eichler from atwater - ohio, united states - 10/02/2003 at 7:49 PM.
I think thier should be more pages like yours. thanks for helping me write my papper as well as learn more about myself.

Christy Spitznogle from Waynesburg - Pennsylvania, United States - 9/08/2003 at 5:14 PM.
We can research events, people, places, and other things that we think need help. We can find information on events to see what you can do to help in your comunitee. Because I beleive that everyone can make a difference, no matter how small of a town you come from, ur helping counts. The internet can help many ways, and different people use it for different ways. You just have to find your way to use it!

Bucky Dow from Montpelier - Virginia, US - 6/11/2003 at 10:19 AM.
You can use the internet to find other to send help to them. You can make friends in other countries to help some peace talks with them.

Eric from Woodland Hills - 5/02/2003 at 11:54 AM.
A hero is defined as "A man admired for his achievements and noble qualities." Therefore, you can name a hero without listing an individual just by naming basic qualities. When I look at a "hero," I see someone who does what they feel like, regardless of consequence. I see someone who makes their own decisions, and lives their own lives.

So many things are here to influence us: religion, advertisements, subliminal messages on tv, etc. When one person can overcome all of the images and words that are pounded into their head, THAT is being a hero. Throughout my life I have strived to not follow in the footsteps of anybody, because that would defeat my logic of how a hero is not an individual, but instead it is a group of qualities which inhibit a person. The hero's most important quality, I think, is being able to live your own life. A real hero knows that you must be yourself.

This quality may, to some of you, seem a little arrogant. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a hero needs to be cocky, I am just saying that a hero should know what he/she is doing, and they should just do it. That is what lets us as human beings know that we're alive. We have the freedom to make any decision we make, regardless of whether anybody agrees with us or not. A hero knows where he wants to end up, therefore he already knows the steps he is going to make. The road may be long and hard, and filled with obstacles, but everything is eventual.

To be a hero, you obviously are going to need to pave your own road, which I have now said numerous times. But on that road, there are going to be many decisions where one thing you do will lead to something bad, and one will lead to something good. Sometimes you are going to have to travel through the bad path to get to the ultimate euphoria. A real hero will go down that path and take anything bad that is thrown at him like a man. A hero MUST persevere through some negative situation in his/her life to be a hero.

So now you can see how unorthodox this hero essay is. I do not think there is any individual who will carry all of these traits, but I know people that are close. I know that I am trying to live my life this way, and anybody that decides to live their life this way after reading this MISSED THE POINT. The whole point of this essay is to show that there is no such thing as a hero. Stop searching, stop thinking about it, stop making people write about it. You might as well throw your hands up in the air and give up. But hey, if you do that, then you're not a hero.

Samah Al Jundi from Motafawqeen School,, iEARN Syria. - 4/16/2003 at 12:07 PM.
In the name of Allah

Dear iEARN,

We are in hard times so we need to give everything a second thought. We have to remember our morals and promise ourselves to behave properly and get rid of selfishness. We need to answer this question: What are the qualities of the good citizen? Answering this question will ease our temper and will give us a push forward to live in hard time.

I still believe that the greatness of a man can nearly always be measured by the willingness to be kind, to be kind for yourself, to your family, to your community, to your country, to your nation, to the whole world, to the universe……… Man does not live for himself alone. He lives for the good of others as well. Therefore, before learning how to make people admire us, we must analyze why we ourselves admire certain people more than others. Who is my hero? He is the good citizen. So let us answer the above mentioned question together. Here is mine. My heroes are who dedicate their soul to their duties and put their hearts into their work. Who believe that goodness rewards itself. Who have the innate goodness, even though mistakes and false opinion may often ruin the beauty of the goodness.

Dearest students and friends, We see only a little of the bloody awful mess due to we are the poor creatures. We are not the Almighty Creater. Let us cry to purify our souls and start building our peacefull world as real life has not started yet.

Wishing you all the best. Waiting to read yours as I believe that I read to feel I am not alone. We are alone together.

Samah Al Jundi,
Motafawqeen School,
iEARN Syria.

FAITH ALEXANDER from BURLINGTON - NORTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES - 4/12/2003 at 11:31 AM.
WE CAN LET PEOPLE JUST KEEP WRITING THEIR TOUGHTS OUT AND SUBMIT IT ON THE NET, SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE TO READ AND ENJOY.

Truth Seekers from Alexandria - Alexandria, Egypt - 3/30/2003 at 12:00 AM.
WE consider the internet a double edged weapon as it can be: a mean of Uniting the world under PEACE, and also in exchanging different CULTURES and CIVIVLIZATIONS. On the other hand, the net is sometimes used in wrong ways to spread false news and outrageous pictures, which causes so many problems and would sometimes lead people to misunderstand certain concepts concerning different subjects of life.

So, WE suggest making use of this grand web and consider ourselves as spiders that spin TRUTH and PEACE around the world.....

judith from Elkins Park - Pennsylvania, USA - 3/25/2003 at 5:28 AM.
The internet brings the world into my classroom. It allows students to read and see information previously unobtainable in our classroo. We read newspapers from countries far away to learn perspective. We explore places that we've dreamed about and may never have a chance to visit. I wish i could have my students converse daily with students on other continents to learn first hand about their lives and their homeland. IF we could have every child reach out and touch another child in another land, perhaps we could bridge the gaps of politics and poverty. want to work on it? [email protected]

Jeanne from laguna beach - ca, USA - 3/17/2003 at 8:47 PM.
RE: comments of Anne Sutton and "Eminem" on MY HERO.

We at MY HERO have made a conscious choice to allow young people to express their ideas on this web site as long as they do not use "swear words" or "hate" or "violence" as attributes of their heroes.

Children and teenagers are encouraged to express themselves on this web project and to learn from one another that there are other "choices." We believe that we can provide young people with examples of many diverse role models in the process.

If you look closely at the entries about " Eminem" I believe you will see that many of the teens who consider him a hero, do so because of the obstacles he has had to overcome to achieve his dream of being an "artist."

EXAMPLES FROM THE MY HERO GUEST BOOK re: Eminem.

DOM wrote: ..." (" Eminem")made a life for himself when he had nothing, if you ask me that's inspirational. He did it, he made it, he achieved his dream when all odds were against him. He's just and ordinary guy who did the extraordinary. Eminem is a hero.

Ethan wrote: "eminem had to overcome many things like having a mother who was apparently a drug addict and his dad walkin out, he became notice by dr. dre in a time when being a white rapper was praticlly unheard of. he is often thought of as a person who has no feeling for others and is often discriminated against for his color and atitude. he loves his daughter, Hallie and tries very hard to take care of her, this is why i think eminem is a hero."

Lacey wrote: ....In his songs i think his you can tell he cares about his family because he always mentions his daughters in every song and also he has this song called Guilty Conscience where it tells you to think about what you do before you act on something.

What I have learned as producer of this site for the last 7 years is that "heroes" are human beings. We cherish our heroes for what they have accomplished not for their failures. So in the eyes of many young people, Eminem has overcome a rough past and used his talent as a singer and writer to successfully express his point of view.

I believe that many children in this country are abandoned by their parents and find hope that some one like " Eminem" has "succeeded" in spite of his difficult childhood. He has learned to use "words" to express his anger, and this is a skill that could help many angry young teens.

We at MY HERO are proud of the thousands of stories that are shared on the website that do inspire young people and provide them with examples of people of all ages who are making a difference.

I hope that you will return to MY HERO and continue to add your voice to the project.

thuong nguyen from viet tri, viet nam - 3/17/2003 at 12:28 AM.
my think ?i alway thinking about the world and my life my hero is bill clinton and bill gates

Sophia from Nanjing - _, China - 3/14/2003 at 10:46 PM.
There is alwals someone can tell me what is courage and what i should do online.The hopeless can disappeare hecaouse the savic on line

Anne Sutton from Chester - Virginia, USA - 3/13/2003 at 10:58 AM.
I am a middle school librarian who discovered this website and felt so good about what it can do to inspire young people. Today's young people often choose celebrities as their heroes, no matter how badly they behave. Your forum comments seemed to grasp that problem, so I was really disappointed to discover that you had included Eminem as one of your heroes. This performer is a minor celebrity for the moment who mostly appeals to young people because of the violent, obscene lyrics of his "music". I truly hope you will consider removing him from this site. He, in no way, belongs with these other true heroes. It really cheapens the site in my opinion and just plays into the immature values of kids as to what is admirable. Thank you for considering my request. Anne Sutton [email protected]

orman high school for boys from cairo - giza, egypt - 3/03/2003 at 4:58 AM.
We simply believe that the new generations all over the world should stand together aganist any one who try to harm others ....also we think that our mission will be much easier if we use the net as a tool to train and teach students and make them feel that they can make a difference they only need some one to inspire them and guide them who we call hero and through your website and with your help we started our work on my hero project where we trying to build a good character able to face the challenges of the new century and we will be very happy if any one asked for help or to work with us in our mission... My hero project team members Orman High School for Boys Egypt

Bhushan from Pune - Maharashtra, India - 2/27/2003 at 9:15 PM.
By spreading the message of peace and hope through email and by creating clubs

Ashley Webb from Cumberland - Maryland, America - 2/25/2003 at 11:14 AM.
The internet can be a great tool for everyone around the world to use to learn new things about people they have never met. They can look up information about places they may never get to see. They can learn to dream about going to these places. For when you dream then you are able to do incredible things, even create peace and love throughout the world. Everyone has things he or she would like to know or learn about and the internet is the easiest and quickest way to do that. The internet is one of the greatest tools man has ever created and everyone can use it.

andrea from rochester - new york, united states of america - 2/25/2003 at 9:13 AM.
make more games

Dukakis Fombad from Buea - south west province, Cameroon - 2/08/2003 at 12:50 AM.
I think the internet is a great source for interacting with people around the world.Also to see what is going on in the world.The internet gives us very important and useful imformations .It has actually make the world to become a Global village making communication very easy with families and friends.

Martijn Tibbertsma from , Nederland - 1/12/2003 at 6:13 AM.
Het internet is een ideaal medium om met mensen uit verschillende culturen te communiceren over de heersende problematiek.

IREON from NEW ORLEANS - LOUISIANA - 1/08/2003 at 8:20 AM.
THAT TO TELL PEOPLE WHEN THEY FEEL THAT THERE IS NO HOPE TO TELL THEM TO THINK OF THINGS THAT MAKE THEM GO ON.IF NOT JUST KNOW THAT THERE IS A GOD AND HE KNOWS YOUR PROBLEMS AND YOUR STRUGGLES .JUST CALL AND TALK TO HIM AND HE WILL LISTEN.

Ariel from norhtfield - mass, united states - 12/11/2002 at 8:39 AM.
How can we use the internet as a tool for peace and hope? Wehen we are talking and interacting with other peple were are creating peach and we are uniting to make a more peicefull place. if we interact on the internet we are learning about othere people and where and what they do we are creating peach when we meet a new person threw a frind and then a new friend and a new one we are making a tool for peace. when we go on the net we hope to meet knew ppeple and when we do we hope for mor and more and the internet can help you for fill that hope in many ways there are so many new sites and pages being formed every day what we hope for can be for filledthe net is a tool to help use find and un find what we hope for. wehen we are on the inter net some of use are comunicating and chating or talking with frinds and even stranger we are creating peace but we are also creating many problems and un peacefull sites or peeple. wther are some people hew are not trying to find peace and many people hew whant to creat peace just make sure you are making peace and not causing contraversi or problems. sincerly ariel ps hope it might be some of what you werte looking for

Kelly and Anna from Northfield - Mass - 12/11/2002 at 8:37 AM.
we think that the internet could be a tool to find answers and to talk to people from other countries. on the internet we can find stuff about different subject. Peace connects to the internet by talking things out with other people.

Jared from Bernardston - MASS, USA - 12/11/2002 at 8:37 AM.
We can use the internet as a tool by expressing our feelings and problems about peace and hope. we can also use the internet as a tool for peace and hope by stoping abuse aruond the wolrd.

Dustin from Bernardston - MASS, USA - 12/11/2002 at 8:37 AM.

Morgan from Bernardston - Mass, United States - 12/11/2002 at 8:35 AM.
I think the internet is a great source for interacting with different or same people than us.Also to see what is going on in the world.

CALEB from LEYDEN - MA, USA - 12/11/2002 at 8:34 AM.
THE INTERNET COULD TELL PEOPLE ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT. IT COULD BE USED AS A TOOL FOR IMPORTANT THINGS¿

morgan from Bernardston - Mass, United States - 12/11/2002 at 8:32 AM.

Travis boggs from Grahm - North carolina, U.S.A - 11/05/2002 at 11:07 AM.
I think this site is cool.

Pauline Tibbertsma from Gold Coast - Queensland, Australia - 10/10/2002 at 5:24 AM.
There are many children who suffer from abusive family situations or situations where they are so stressed they are contemplating suicide.

You cannot do much to help them except be a friend. If you give them a sheet of paper, then their guardians might find it. They may not be able to call kid's help line without someone overhearing. But what they can do is go on the Internet.

If advertising could pop up asking if someone is being abused or neglected, it could link to advice or counselling pages. IT MUST ALSO TELL THEM HOW TO DELETE THE HISTORY ON THEIR COMPUTER INCASE SOMEONE CHECKS TO SEE WHAT SITES THEY HAVE BEEN ON. We could get people to volunteer to be counsellors by email or something. Anything. In that way, we would be helping to make peace in the world.

Chris - 9/30/2002 at 8:38 AM.
I think that a hero is not born but yet made by contribuating an act of heroism. That is how a hero is made to me.

Muchumba from - Zimbabwe - 9/27/2002 at 10:01 AM.
The idea is great but idea is not online but OFFLINE =( And design of the site - my hero is not so good =(

Muchumba from Asitumba - It is really hard to find a PC in Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe - 9/26/2002 at 11:49 AM.
Internet is a great THING! =(

Kseniya Fomina from Vladimir, Russia - 9/23/2002 at 8:38 PM.
We can share our thoughts with different people and speak on different themes. We can also encourage other people to share. We can make a list of individuals who would like to help: poor people, orphans, homeless animals, and the environment (to plant trees and to stop polluting our land), To stop wars and violence. The Internet can get all these people, because in our everyday life only a few could really share their thoughts; and the Internet will gather them all and make our planet better.