ROTARY CLUB OF LAGUNA BEACH PRESENTS MY HERO WITH 2014 COMMUNITY GRANT

Grant recipients at award presentation (left to right):
Dr. Jorge Rubal-Laguna Beach Community Clinic, Keith Matassa-Pacific Marine Mammal Center,
Leslie Anne Mogul- Laguna Playhouse, K.C. Mechling-Laguna Outreach for Community Arts,
Wendy Milette-The MY HERO Project, Elena Mendoza-TLC, Michelle Ray-Even Start

Contact: Wendy Milette FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
media@myheroproject.org
949.376.5964

The MY HERO Project is proud to announce that the Rotary Club of Laguna Beach has granted funding to support an Introductory Connected Learning Experience at the Friendship Shelter in Laguna Beach for the benefit of the staff and the adult residents.

The Rotary Club funds will specifically be designated to purchase iPads for this program to bring digital media literacy to the Shelter participants. The iPads will be donated to the Friendship Shelter at the conclusion of the MY HERO workshop to encourage the staff to conduct ongoing digital learning and creative expression training with the adult individuals housed at the shelter.

The workshop will include a screening of short hero films from the MY HERO award winning archive of inspirational films and an introductory training session featuring digital storytelling tools under the guidance of MY HERO media arts educators. 

By creating a dialogue of heroism and working with 21st century digital tools, the Friendship Shelter will learn to apply online resources to their personal content in order to realize their stories and to best communicate with peers and family members in an effective, appropriate, and safe online format.

MY HERO is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes around the world. For more information on The MY HERO Project, please visit our website at www.myhero.com

More Featured Press_Release Heroes