za
Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

Righteous Conversations

The Righteous Conversations Project brings Holocaust survivors and teens together. The survivors share their stories of resiliency, courage and resistance. In turn, the teens create powerful short films and Public Service Announcements from the stories. Within the testimony by those who have survived genocide, the students grapple with understanding that so much of what the survivors have to say applies to the travesties in the world today.

Vulcan Productions

Vulcan Productions initiates, develops and supports projects of substance and enduring significance. We believe in the power of stories to change minds and ignite action. Through our collaborative partnerships, Vulcan Productions tells powerful stories that help audiences understand the world around them, respond to challenges, and bring about lasting change.

Facebook Stories
The Conditioned

Raimundo Arruda Sobrinho was homeless in São Paulo, Brazil, for nearly 35 years. In April 2011, he was befriended by a young woman named Shalla Monteiro. Impressed by his poetry she created a Facebook Page to feature Raimundo’s writing. Neither could have expected what happened next.

GE Focus Forward

MY HERO is proud to present GE FOCUS FORWARD with the 2013 Media Award for their outstanding work. GE FOCUS FORWARD uses short documentaries to highlight innovators who are striving to make a positive impact on our future. GE highlights people from all trades and professions as they make advances in culture, technology and medicine.

Malala Yousafzai

It is our privilege to honor Malala Yousafzai with the Media Award. We dedicate the 2012 MY HERO International Film Festival to this courageous young activist, who shares with the many heroes we recognize, a vision of a more free and peaceful world, and the will to achieve it.

CNN HEROES 2011

Featured Segment
Robin Lim - Hero of the Year

By Sr. Executive Producer - Kelly Flynn, Segment Producer/Director - Luke Wiles, Editor -Mike Denny

CNN Heroes uses the power of media and technology to highlight and support those making a positive change in the world. CNN HERO of the Year: Robin Lim is the founder of Bumi Sehat, a non-profit, village-based organization that runs two community health centers in Bali and Aceh, Indonesia. They provide health care for both children and adults and Midwifery services to ensure gentle births welcoming approximately 600 new babies into the world each year.

"981 mothers in the prime of their lives are dying from complications of pregnancy and childbirth. Supporting your Midwife to Mother care is the answer, because Midwives are the bridge on which mothers may walk upon to cross over into Motherhood, Safely." I also said: "Every Mother Counts and Healthcare is a Human right."
Ibu Robin Lim -CNN Heroes, December 2011 Los Angeles, California

Bella Gaia

“Bella Gaia” means “Beautiful Earth.” Producer Kenji Williams came up with the idea after meeting an astronaut who lived on a space station for 6 months.

Produced by Kenji Williams

Playing for Change: Peace Through Music

Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music.

Directed by Mark Johnson and Jonathan Walls

Pray the Devil Back to Hell

This important documentary sheds light on the "Womens Peace Movement of Liberia," and celebrates these unsung heroes.

By Abigail Disney (Producer) and Gina Reticker (Director)

Darfur Now

We acknowledging Participant Productions and Ted Braun for the powerful film Darfur Now, raising awareness about this crucial humanitarian crisis. We also commend them for their ongoing commitment to changing the world one story at a time.

ABC Miracle Workers
by DreamWorks Television and Renegade 83

DreamWorks Television and Renegade 83 created "Miracle Workers," a television show dedicated to making impossible dreams come true. In this series, a man who was blind sinc childhood was given a groundbreaking surgury to regain his eyesight.

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us