Professional

Butterfly in the Sky [excerpt]

Directed by: Brett Whitcomb & Bradford Allen | Starring: LeVar Burton | Documentary | 2022 | United States | 00:29

BUTTERFLY IN THE SKY tells the story of the beloved PBS children’s series "Reading Rainbow," its iconic host LeVar Burton, and the challenges its creators faced in cultivating a love of reading through television. Two seconds into the bubbling synth sounds of its theme song will have a child of the 1980s or ‘90s exclaiming “Reading Rainbow!” Such is the beloved nature of the classic children’s literary television show that introduced millions of kids to the wonder of books.

Not only did the series insist on having kids speak to kids about their favorite stories,Reading Rainbow introduced the world to one of the most adored television hosts of all time, LeVar Burton. Thanks to his direct, non-patronizing and, most importantly, kind delivery, Burton became a conduit to learning for children of every background - delving behind the pages to the people, places, and things each new story explored.

For More Information

Butterfly in the Sky - Sidestilt website