IMPACT STATEMENTS

MY HERO Impact Statements

Learn how MY HERO has had a postitive impact. 

Global Exchange
Credit: The MY HERO Project

TREY CARLISLE WINS MY HERO'S EMERGING ARTIST AWARD
MY HERO 5 WEEK LEARNING CIRCLE LINK

iEARN Logo
Credit: iEARN
mohamed sidibay teaching peace
Credit: anabelle vo

Anaheim Union High School
Credit: Anaheim Union High School

Joanne Tawfilis receives Award at MY HERO International Film Festival
Credit: MYHERO

Mendy Kanu shares Wangari Maathai Film with students in Sierra Leone
Saddle River Day School: Saddle River, New Jersey
Credit: SRDS

Additional Global Educator Feedback  

Coleen Bondy, Los Angeles Unified School District, USA 

The MY HERO Project’s extensive existing training materials, and staff support in creating a curriculum tailored for our program, helped make our summer bridge program a huge success. The students made 8“My Hero” films in groups, all while being completely remote from one another. I am so grateful for the help we received from The MY HERO Project.

Jonathan Feinn, Carlos Rey School in Albuquerque, New Mexico
I want you to know how much the children and I have enjoyed participating in the MY HERO project. I'm very pleased with their commitment and I feel they have gained a great deal from this experience. Thank all of you connected with this endeavor; it's a terrific learning experience.

Timothy Dennis, Xiamen International School, China
The ease of use was a godsend for teachers, both as a resource for written examples, and ideas for student projects. We used the newswire for current events, tied our poetry writing to poets featured on the site, and practiced analyzing written work. Thank you so much, what a wonderful project this has been!

Lyudmila Gilyova, Lyceum of Information Technologies, Ukraine
The students have learned to communicate on the forum platform, upload text, images to build a webpage. I like everything. 

Galina Smirnova, R.A. Naumov Secondary School No.13, Russia
A new way of discovering global collaboration and an opportunity to tell the world about the person our students admire. Everything is excellent. Thank you very much for your patience and help.

Cornelia Platon, Alexandru Papiu Ilarian High School Dej, Romania
Storytelling: it is important for developing their writing and reading skills, also for developing their ability to research information for a specific purpose I consider it works just perfect and I appreciate the fact that the materials made by students are evaluated before being approved. Thank you for the opportunity of participating in this wonderful project.

Kathryn Zimmerman, South Callaway Elementary School, Missouri USA

Our students had a fantastic experience participating in the iEARN Global Collaboration Learning Circle. Communicating with other classrooms around the world is an extremely beneficial opportunity for students who live in a rural area such as ours to catch a glimpse of other cultures and to consider similarities and differences amongst our world's peoples. The My Hero: Call to Action Learning Circle that our students participated in through the iEARN Learning Circle afforded students the opportunity to examine their own thoughts and beliefs about the qualities and characteristics true heroes possess. Furthermore, the circle helped our classrooms around the world to focus on universally important issues and concerns. Our students here at South Callaway were inspired by the ideas shared by others. Communicating with other students, teachers, and Circle facilitators encouraged them to learn more, dig deeper, and take more risks. This is an experience that all students may gain much from!

Fatemeh Nikui Nezhad, Farzanegan High School, Kashan, Iran.             
Heroes help us define, develop and live by the values of kindness, generosity, forgiveness, joy and peace. MY HERO PROJECT provided my lovely students with the big chance of thinking about their heroes and why they are their heroes. They identified heroic characteristics and what it means to be a hero. Moreover, they developed internet research skills as well as writing skills. Thanks to the outstanding facilitators and managers of this wonderful project, my students could design a web page for their heroes to honor them and publish their writing to the international audience of MY HERO. We are extremely grateful to all My Hero staff for their help and kindness.

Eveline Frieitas, ABA Global Education, Brazil

My students used MY HERO to learn more about the world and develop a global citizenship mindset.

Margaret Chen, iEARN Coordinator, Taiwan

MY HERO creates a great context to teach core character values, such as respect, justice, responsibility, etc.

Abdelaziz Rhazzali, Agbalou Elementary School, Morocco

We are a fifth grade class from Morocco and because of this project we had the opportunity to take positive actions in our community: raising awareness in our village about the importance of a clean environment.

MY HERO receives a 5 STAR Learning Rating From Common Sense Education

Common Sense Learning
Credit: Common Sense

View more impact statements on MY HERO and add yours on the Great NonProfits Website

Great Non-Profits 2021
Credit: Great Non-Profit

To read more statements or to add your comment on MY HERO's impact visit GREAT NON PROFITS website.

Organizer created on 10/14/2020 12:34:52 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 1/26/2022 1:08:03 PM by Laura Nietzer