ABOUT

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Jeanne Meyers | Laguna Beach, California

Jeanne has been directing The MY HERO Project since its inception in 1995. She oversees all aspects of development for this award-winning multimedia project. She is a film producer and multimedia artist.

Mark Cavanagh | Chepachet, Rhode Island

Mark Cavanagh is a screenwriter. He founded Youth Vision, Inc., which promotes television by and for kids. A Recipient of the Action for Children’s Television Award, Mr. Cavanagh has directed projects for Public Broadcast and recently released his first feature film.

Cynthia Costas Cohen | Beverly Hills, California

Cynthia Costas Cohen is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Beverly Hills, Californa. Cynthia’s specialties include EMDR and hypnosis. She is on the board for the Trauma Resource Institute, and co-facilitates trainings for The Trauma Resource Institute that utilizes an integrative mind-body intervention based on somatic therapies.

Judith Zucker Anderson, Ph.D. | Laguna Beach, California

Judith Zucker Anderson, PhD, is a clinical psychologist. She is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the UCI College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior. Dr. Anderson also serves as President of the Foundation for the Contemporary Family (FFCF), a non-profit foundation whose mission is to support innovative research, clinical training, and community programs that address the important issues facing contemporary families.

Carolyn Hodge-West | Cassopolis, Michigan

Carolyn Hodge-West is a change expert and a multi-sector business leader with extensive board leadership and civic involvement. She has served on numerous boards, advisory bodies and commissions. Carolyn is a licensed speciality Executive Mentor Coach and CEO of the Hodge West Group, an executive coaching, training and wellness firm specializing in transformational leadership development, change management, and career and life transition. An entrepreneur and former educator, Carolyn integrates principles of psychology, neuroscience, human development, interpersonal communications and organizational development with strategic coaching to help clients leverage change, optimize performance and achieve business and life goals. Carolyn's lifelong passion and commitment is to promote diversity, equity and improve the status of women and girls.

Eva Haller NYC, NY

Eva Haller is an activist, philanthropist with a passion for mentoring not profit leaders serving youth, women and the arts. She received an honorary doctorate from Glasgow Caledonian University and was awarded their 2014 Magnusson Fellowship. She is a trustee of the Rubin Museum of Art and the University of California Santa Barbara Foundation. Eva Haller was honored by Forbes for mentoring not profit programs serving the community. Eva was the founding board Chairman for Free the Children, she serves on the board of Blade of Grass, Asia Initiatives, Sing for Hope, News Literacy Project and annually presents the Women Transforming Media Award as part of the MY HERO Film Festival.

Jennifer Borland, M.A. | Indianapolis, Indiana
Jennifer first became involved with MY HERO in 2007 as an evaluator for a Global Exchange Media Arts Project funded by the U.S Department of State Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs. As part of her work for Rockman et Al she has also managed evaluations for some of the world’s leading media producers, museums, game developers, and educational institutions, with grant funding from the U.S. Department of Education, the National Science Foundation, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. She has contributed to The MY HERO International Film Festival ever since participating as a volunteer judge.

Sandy Factor | Los Angeles, California

Sandy Factor is an advocate for using innovative technology and media in the classroom to promote cross cultural understanding and social and emotional learning.
Sandy has helped MY HERO enrich our resources for teachers in Los Angeles and as a result around the world. Her training and work in exotic animal management has given her a unique perspective on how we connect and communicate with one another. She lives in Southern California and works with several non profit organizations.

Barbara MacGillivray | Laguna Beach, California

Barbara MacGillvery is the Director of Research for MacGillivray Freeman Films. She has, over the last 50 year, worked on pre-production, production and post production for the award winning IMAX filmmaking company. Barbara has a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, and has also worked for 30 years in Children, Youth Services for the Orange County Health Care Agency as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. She loves her growing family and making films with messages about conservation and education. Her organization, One World One Ocean, awards the Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation award annually at the MY HERO International Film Festival. The films selected for this honor feature ocean conservation stewards.