ABOUT

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Jeanne Meyers | Laguna Beach, California

Jeanne has been directing The MY HERO Project since its inception in 1995. She oversees all aspects of development for this award-winning multimedia project. She is a film producer and multimedia artist.

Mark Cavanagh | Chepachet, Rhode Island

Mark Cavanagh is a screenwriter. He founded Youth Vision, Inc., which promotes television by and for kids. A Recipient of the Action for Children’s Television Award, Mr. Cavanagh has directed projects for Public Broadcast and recently released his first feature film.

Leanne Mella | New York, New York

Leanne Mella is a specialist in American contemporary art. Most recently. She served for close to seven years as the manager of International Visual Arts Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State where she was responsible for programs supporting the participation of U.S. artists in major international exhibitions and cultural exchange programs in the visual arts.

Cynthia Costas Cohen | Beverly Hills, California

Cynthia Costas Cohen is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Beverly Hills, Californa. Cynthia’s specialties include EMDR and hypnosis. She is on the board for the Trauma Resource Institute, and co-facilitates trainings for The Trauma Resource Institute that utilizes an integrative mind-body intervention based on somatic therapies.

Judith Zucker Anderson, Ph.D. | Laguna Beach, California

Judith Zucker Anderson, PhD, is a clinical psychologist. She is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the UCI College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior. Dr. Anderson also serves as President of the Foundation for the Contemporary Family (FFCF), a non-profit foundation whose mission is to support innovative research, clinical training, and community programs that address the important issues facing contemporary families.

Carolyn Hodge-West | Dowagiac, Michigan

Carolyn Hodge-West is an innovative business leader with extensive board leadership and civic involvement. She currently serves on the board of trustees for a regional health care delivery system. A graduate of Northwestern University, Carolyn is a professor of Psychology, Human Development and Interpersonal Communications. Throughout her career, Carolyn has demonstrated a lifelong commitment of working to improve the status of women and girls.

Eva Haller NYC, NY

Eva Haller is an activist, philanthropist with a passion for mentoring not profit leaders serving youth, women and the arts. She received an honorary doctorate from Glasgow Caledonian University and was awarded their 2014 Magnusson Fellowship. She is a trustee of the Rubin Museum of Art and the University of California Santa Barbara Foundation. Eva Haller was honored by Forbes for mentoring not profit programs serving the community. Eva was the founding board Chairman for Free the Children, she serves on the board of Blade of Grass, Asia Initiatives, Sing for Hope, News Literacy Project and annually presents the Women Transforming Media Award as part of the MY HERO Film Festival.

Jennifer Borland, M.A.
Jennifer first became involved with MY HERO in 2007 as an evaluator for a Global Exchange Media Arts Project funded by the U.S Department of State Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs. As part of her work for Rockman et Al she has also managed evaluations for some of the world’s leading media producers, museums, game developers, and educational institutions, with grant funding from the U.S. Department of Education, the National Science Foundation, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. She has contributed to The MY HERO International Film Festival ever since participating as a volunteer judge.