ABOUT

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Jeanne Meyers | Laguna Beach, California

Jeanne has been directing The MY HERO Project since its inception in 1995. She oversees all aspects of development for this award-winning multimedia project. She is a film producer and multimedia artist.

Mark Cavanagh | Chepachet, Rhode Island

Mark Cavanagh is a screenwriter. He founded Youth Vision, Inc., which promotes television by and for kids. A Recipient of the Action for Children’s Television Award, Mr. Cavanagh has directed projects for Public Broadcast and recently released his first feature film.

Leanne Mella | New York, New York

Leanne Mella is a specialist in American contemporary art. Most recently. She served for close to seven years as the manager of International Visual Arts Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State where she was responsible for programs supporting the participation of U.S. artists in major international exhibitions and cultural exchange programs in the visual arts.

Cynthia Costas Cohen | Beverly Hills, California

Cynthia Costas Cohen is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Beverly Hills, Californa. Cynthia’s specialties include EMDR and hypnosis. She is on the board for the Trauma Resource Institute, and co-facilitates trainings for The Trauma Resource Institute that utilizes an integrative mind-body intervention based on somatic therapies.

Linda Kahn | New York, New York

Linda Kahn is President of Linda Kahn Media LLC, a global consulting firm dedicated to forging strategic business and creative partnerships in all aspects of children's media and entertainment for general audiences. Formerly Senior Vice President of International TV Sales & Merchandising for Scholastic Media, Kahn established Scholastic Media's presence in the highly competitive global market. In senior management positions at Nickelodeon, she was instrumental in the growth of Nickelodeon, successful launch of Nick at Nite and initiated the international TV program sales division. She has extensive experience training teachers nationwide in media education.

Judith Zucker Anderson, Ph.D. | Laguna Beach, California

Judith Zucker Anderson, PhD, is a clinical psychologist. She is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the UCI College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior. Dr. Anderson also serves as President of the Foundation for the Contemporary Family (FFCF), a non-profit foundation whose mission is to support innovative research, clinical training, and community programs that address the important issues facing contemporary families.

Carolyn Hodge-West | Dowagiac, Michigan

Carolyn Hodge-West is an innovative business leader with extensive board leadership and civic involvement. She currently serves on the board of trustees for a regional health care delivery system. A graduate of Northwestern University, Carolyn is a professor of Psychology, Human Development and Interpersonal Communications. Throughout her career, Carolyn has demonstrated a lifelong commitment of working to improve the status of women and girls.

David Kleeman | Chicago, Illinois

David Kleeman is the Senior Vice President of Dubit's Global Trends and was the President of the American Center for Children and Media and Advisory Board Chair to the international children's TV festival, PRIX JEUNESSE. He has consulted for producers, broadcasters and organizations ranging from the Geena Davis Institute on Gender and Media and the Fred Rogers Center on Early Learning and Children's Media, to Baby Einstein, PBS Kids and HarperCollins Publishers. David authored a major study on public broadcasting's unique roles for children in the digital era; two book chapters; numerous articles for trade, academic and general press; and blogs for the Huffington Post.