MY HERO PARTNERS

MY HERO Partners

Current and Previous Multimedia & Education Partners

To join us as a partner in the decisive battle against ignorance, intolerance and indifference, register here as a partner organization: 

https://myhero.com/register/organization

Education Partners

iEARN is a non-profit organization made up of over 30,000 schools and youth organizations in more than 140 countries. iEARN empowers teachers and young people to work together online using the Internet and other new communications technologies. Over 2,000,000 students each day are engaged in collaborative project work worldwide.

ISTE's mission is to empower learners to flourish in a connected world by cultivating a passionate professional learning community, linking educators and partners, leveraging knowledge and expertise, advocating for strategic policies, and continually improving learning and teaching. 

Facens University is considered one of the best higher education institutions in Brazil, with a maximum score (5) from MEC (Brazilian Ministry of Education). The institution celebrates 45 years of history, focusing on the citizenship and entrepreneurial education of its students, and the constant search for social and technological innovation. It offers 14 undergraduate and 29 graduate courses, covering areas such as engineering, technology, architecture and urbanism, leadership and digital marketing. Facens' facilities, which are in a green space with more than 100 thousand m², have more than 50 specialized laboratories and more than 10 innovation centers. It has numerous partnerships with companies, research centers and educational institutions in Brazil and abroad.

Global Education Conference Network is a collaborative, world-wide community initiative involving students, educators, and organizations at all levels. It is designed to significantly increase opportunities for idling education-related connections around the globe while supporting cultural awareness, recognition of diversity, and educational access for all. 

In an authentically diverse community reflective of Los Angeles, New Roads School prepares young people for life by developing in them a personal dedication to learning, a respect for independent thinking, an expanding curiosity about the world and its people, and a commitment to the common good.

Google Arts & Culture is a non-profit initiative. We work with cultural institutions and artists around the world. Together, our mission is to preserve and bring the world’s art and culture online so it’s accessible to anyone, anywhere.

https://www.lcad.edu/

Laguna College of Art & Design prepares individuals for careers as creative artists and designers in a culturally and ethnically diverse world through a curriculum that emphasizes acquiring skills based on observation, representation, and concept development, while embracing challenges of new, innovative technologies.

TeachRock is a standards-aligned, arts integration curriculum that uses the history of popular music and culture to help teachers engage students.

USC School of Cinematic Arts was the first university in the country to offer a Bachelor of Arts degree in film. Since its founding, the School of Cinematic Arts has had a profound impact on film and television and beyond. The  School of Cinematic Arts continues to lead the way in every aspect of motion picture and television production, education and scholarly study.

Over the past twenty-five years UCLA Center X has grown into a community of more than 100 educators working across multiple programs. We work to transform public schooling to create a more just, equitable, and humane society.

The MY HERO Project partnered with the NewRoads school and UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability to host workshops for its GreenShorts contest. Students learned production and brainstormed with professionals. The contest is part of GreenSparks, a program run by the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability that aims to increase science literacy in high school students through creative projects and mentorship.

Contest Partners

Robert Shetterly’s Americans Who Tell the Truth portraits and narratives highlight citizens who courageously address issues of social, environmental, and economic fairness. By combining art and other media, AWTT offers resources to inspire a new generation of engaged Americans who will act for the common good, our communities, and the Earth.

ART MILES is a project of passion and healing. Wants to see everyone having fun, coming together, learning about each other's culture and traditions. This can only result in learning respect and understanding that we are ONE HUMAN FAMILY. Art Miles works with schools in countries throughout the world, to help art teachers incorporate art into their curricula.

Guitars in the Classroom seeks to train and equip classroom teachers in order to integrate singing and playing guitar into the daily school experience of schoolchildren. Founded in 1998, GITC produces programs over 30 states and several foreign countries. To date, the organization has positively impacted the lives of more than 100,000 students. The company's headquarters is located in San Diego, California. 

The Foundation for the Contemporary Family provides financial support for innovative research that enhances the understanding of contemporary families and/or the clinical practice of couples and family therapy. We execute this mission through a broad range of scholarships and grants, including program grants.

Mattie J.T. Stepanek was a poet, philosopher and peace activist who died of a rare form of muscular dystrophy at age 13. He inspired the public with his writings and his message of peace. The Mattie J.T. Stepanek Foundation was founded by his mother, Jeni Stepanek, to continue Mattie’s peace mission. The foundation's materials, programs, and activities are developed for people diverse in age and ability and aspiration. 

The One World One Ocean campaign was launched to make everyone fall in love with the ocean.

Storytelling Assocation of Californiais a non-profit membership organization dedicated to promoting storytelling as a living art form.

Community Partners

The American Association of University Women, has a long and distinguished history of empowering women. Since 1881, the AAUW has been investing in women through research, education, educational funding, public policy, legal advocacy, leadership development, and global outreach. The AAUW regularly speaks out on behalf of women and girls at the United Nations and in critical global coalitions.

Laguna Beach Boys & Girls Club provides hope and opportunity to kids by giving them: a safe place to learn and grow; ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals; life enhancing programs and character development experiences.

Peace Pals is an International program designed to encourage youth, ages 5-16 to become peacemakers dedicated to living in the spirit of the words “May Peace Prevail On Earth.” Peace Pals fosters understanding and respect for the diversity and oneness of the human family and the natural world through its various and creative activities. By nurturing inner peace and global awareness in the leaders of tomorrow, Peace Pals will help create a future in which peace and harmony become a way of life.

Rotary E-Club of World Peace sees peacebuilding as a day to day process and is dedicated to building positive change in the world.

United Nations Assocation of the United States of America - San Diego Chapter was established in 1946 and promotes engagement with the United Nations. Translating the global initiatives of the U.N. into local context, our volunteers raise local awareness about the international organization.

MY HERO gave the Young Voices for the Planet film “Words Have Power”  BEST of FEST and 1st Place in Environmental Film awards in 2019. The YVFP Civic Engagement & Democracy Curriculum lessons for grades 3-12 based on “Words Have Power” are included in our online Teachers Guide which introduces multi-media tools, films and activities to students in order to instill environmental stewardship. YVFP was also received MY HERO’s ENGAGE award and has had one of its films included in their Media Arts Program with DVD – Celebrate ECO Heroism. “Olivia’s Birds and the Oil Spill” and “The Last Straw” are included in MY HERO’s anthology of films for young people.

Media Partners

Baycat is a nonprofit located in San Francisco, California that exists to end inequality and racism through powerful storytelling. It is a nonprofit social enterprise that educates, empowers and employs young people from historically underserved Bay Area communities in the digital media arts including: video production, music production, animation, graphic and web design.

KX FM aims to lead the rebirth of FM radio, enriching our listeners with the discovery of alternative music, views, and culture that elevates Laguna Beach on a global scale.

Creative Visions' mission is to spark awareness of critical issues and ignite change through impact media, art and technology: creative activism.

Stu News Laguna is the online newspaper of Laguna Beach, California. Stu News publishes new editions bi-weekly and breaking news as it happens. Our goal is to help bring the community closer together through the news!

The Righteous Conversations Project facilitates dialogue, social action and collaborative creative work connecting students with Holocaust Survivors. In workshops and engagements developed in collaboration with schools and community organizations RC provides students with opportunities to carry on the work of Holocaust Remembrance and to speak up about injustice in the world around them through film, new media, music and photography.

The mission of TV Santa Barbara is to empower people to make media that matters. We do this by providing community members with knowledge, resources, and tools to create and distribute their own original programming content.

Video Volunteers is an international media and human rights NGO founded in 2003 that promotes community media to enable citizen participation in marginalized and poor communities around the world.

Youth Unstoppable is an award-winning documentary film by director Slater Jewell-Kemker. The documentary shows how youth are shaping politics in the form of the Green New Deal, presidential campaigns, and climate emergencies being declared in major cities worldwide.

Organizer created on 10/23/2020 2:59:11 PM by Xenia Shin

Last edited 3/8/2021 6:30:13 PM by Jeanne Meyers