12/10/22 @ 10 AM INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL FAMILY FRIENDLY AWARDS VIA ZOOM

The 2022 Call for entries is closed - now accepting ongoing submissions for 2023

Festival Rules, Guidelines and Information

NOW IN OUR 18th YEAR

Click here to download the MY HERO International Film Festival Call for Entries Postcard.

Guidelines

MY HERO will not accept films that promote hatred, violence, or intolerance. We strive to be an all-ages friendly site, so please keep that in mind when submitting a film for consideration. Work submitted to this film festival must celebrate a hero, explore concepts of heroism, or explore hero-related topics.

Rights & Clearances 

By submitting your film to MY HERO, you grant MY HERO permission and rights to place your film, if accepted, in its entirety on the MY HERO film festival website.

By submitting your film to MY HERO, you grant MY HERO permission and rights to publish selected screen shots from your work on the MY HERO Web site and in promotional materials. You also grant MY HERO non-exclusive rights to use your film or excerpts of your film in promotional and educational outreach opportunities, including the MY HERO Portal on the Google Cultural Institute!

Deadlines & Fees:

March 1st - Early Deadline - $25

June 1st - Regular Deadline - $30

August 1st - Late Deadline - $30

September 1st -  FINAL Deadline - $35

October 1st - Extended Deadline - $35

The Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award has an early deadline of May 1st.  

Forms:

Download the Release Form
Download the Parental Consent Form (for people under the age of 18.)

Rules: 

1. All footage, video graphics/pictures, and audio (including sound bites, music, etc.) MUST be original, unless you have express written consent of the original owner for use in your work. We will not knowingly accept a movie that contains uncleared material.

2. Only films 10 minutes and under will be accepted.

• Downloadable HD link to your film in Vimeo preferred (if your film is in YouTube we will request a Vimeo link), or a download so that we can upload your movie to the MY HERO Vimeo channel (always crediting the filmmaker).
    • If your film requires a password, we will request a PUBLIC version if your film becomes a winner.
    • If you cannot have your film publicly available, then please do not submit to our festival, or please create a version that can be publicly available. 
      • Winning films are used in lesson plans and featured content to enrich learning for students around the world, this is why we put the films on our website.

3. Selected works must be cleared for exhibition on the MY HERO website.

Prizes:

Watch a sizzle about the MY HERO International Film Festival

CLICK HERE to view the FILM FESTIVAL INTRODUCTION VIDEO

CLICK HERE to view an overview video about the Film Festival & Media Arts Education Program

Click image below to access our FREE Media Arts Education resources

LINKS TO VIEW THE 2021 INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL ZOOM SESSIONS

View the recording - 10 am program in the 2021 MY HERO International Film Festival

View the recording of the 2 pm - 17th Annual Film Festival Awards Ceremony

A special thank you to our Prize Sponsors - SHURE Microphones & ThinkTank Photo!

For sponsorship opportunities click here

The MY HERO Project
International Film Festival
1278 Glenneyre #286
Laguna Beach, CA 92651 U.S.A.

For additional INFORMATION contact:
[email protected]