SAVE THE DATE - FESTIVAL EVENT - NOVEMBER 11 & 12 - SANTA MONICA - NEW ROADS SCHOOL - ANN & JERRY MOSS THEATER

View the Film Festival Overview Video

For sponsorship opportunities click here

For more information contact: [email protected]

submit film

create film

Festival Rules, Guidelines and Information

SUBMISSIONS FOR 2017 IS CLOSED. WE ARE ACCEPTING ONGOING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2018.

Guidelines
MY HERO will not accept films that promote hatred, violence, or intolerance. We strive to be an all-ages friendly site, so please keep that in mind when submitting a film for consideration. Work submitted to this film festival must celebrate a hero, explore concepts of heroism, or explore hero-related topics.

Rights & Clearances 
By submitting your film to MY HERO, you grant MY HERO permission and rights to publish selected screenshots from your work on the MY HERO Web site and in promotional materials. You also grant MY HERO non-exclusive rights to use your film or excerpts of your film in promotional and educational outreach opportunities and materials.

Deadlines & Fees
April 1st, Early Bird - $25
June 1st, Regular - $30
August 1st, Late - $35
September 15th, Final - $40

Forms
Download the Release Form
Download the Parental Consent Form (for actors under the age of 18.)

Rules 
All footage, video graphics/pictures, and audio (including sound bites, music, etc.) MUST be original, unless you have express written consent of the original owner for use in your work. We will not knowingly accept a movie that contains uncleared material.

1. All work must be original.

2. Only films 10 minutes and under will be accepted.

• Downloadable HD link to your film in vimeo or youtube prefer .mp4

3. Selected works must be cleared for exhibition on the MY HERO website.

Prizes
Certificates are given to all first place winners. Selected winners will receive sponsored prizes.
Cash prizes are available for Special Awards.

Details about the Special Awards

The MY HERO Project
Short Film Festival
1278 Glenneyre #286
Laguna Beach, CA 92651 U.S.A.

For additional INFORMATION contact: [email protected]

Guidelines

Rights & Clearances 

Deadlines & Fees
April 1st, Early Bird - $25
June 1st, Regular - $30
August 1st, Late - $35
September 15th, Final - $40

Forms
 Download the Release Form
 Download the Parental Consent Form (for actors under the age of 18.)

Rules 
  1. All work must be original.

Prizes
Cash awards are available with sponsored Prizes.

Details about some of the Special Awards

The Daniel Eldon Activist Award 
Dan Eldon was a passionate activist, artist and photo-journalist. He was fearless in his quest to help others and in his desire to tell the stories that others were not. Sadly at the age of twenty-two, Dan was killed while working on a photography assignment in Somalia. His work has appeared in several art journals and exhibitions inspiring people around the world
In the spirit of Dan’s heroic mission to use art as a means of inspiring positive change, The MY HERO Film Festival proudly offers this annual award to the film project that best addresses the theme of social activism. The award is sponsored by Kathy Eldon, Director of the Creative Visions Foundation, and comes with a $500 cash prize to support the winning project.

The Ron Kovic Peace Prize
Ron Kovic is an accomplished author, painter, and activist who has worked for world peace over the last 40 years. As a former Marine Corps sergeant, he served two tours of duty in the Vietnam War before being wounded in combat and paralyzed from the mid-chest down. He went on to become a prominent spokes-person for the anti-war movement, having since addressed the Democratic National Convention in 1976, President Obama and other dignitaries at the 32nd annual Kennedy Center Honors Ceremony in 2009.

The MY HERO Film Festival is honored to annually bestow the Ron Kovic Peace Award to the director of the short film that most effectively addresses the issue of world peace. The accompanying $1000 cash prize supports the critical efforts of artists and peace activists whose work shows the power of non-violent solutions to our world's troubles.

The MY HERO Project
Short Film Festival
1278 Glenneyre #286
Laguna Beach, CA 92651 U.S.A.

For additional INFORMATION contact: [email protected]