Women Transforming Media

Geralyn Dreyfous | Impact Partners

Directed by: Xenia Shin | Produced by: MY HERO | Short | 2019 | USA | 2:07

Geralyn has been called the godmother of documentary filmmaking, and is the third person to be honored with the International Dcoumentary Association's amicus award. She is a co-founder of Impact Partners, a film fund supporting the emerging field of social impact documentaries. In 2013, she co-founded GameChanger Films, the first equity financing fund established to support women-helmed film projects. GameChanger has expanded its mission and supports inclusive filmmaking and promoting underrepresented voices.

For More Information

Impact Partners
<
>

Related Pages

Picture of The Eva Haller
Women Transforming Media Award
The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award
The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award recognizes outstanding short films featuring women's stories.
Kathy Eldon
Kathy Eldon | Women Transforming Media
We talk to Kathy Eldon about her memoir, "In the Heart of Life," and how the tragic death of her son Dan Eldon inspired her to forgive and to carry his creative spark forward by founding Creative Visions Foundation, an agency for creative activism.
Picture of The Story of Ruby Bridges
The Story of Ruby Bridges
From the Publisher: The year is 1960, and six-year-old Ruby Bridges and her family have recently moved from Mississippi to New Orleans in search of a better life. When a judge orders Ruby to attend first grade at William Frantz Elementary, an all-white school, Ruby must face angry mobs of parents who refuse to send their children to school with her. Told with Robert Coles' powerful narrative and dramatically illustrated by George Ford.
Picture of The Hero''s Trail: A Hiking Guide for a Heroic Life
The Hero''s Trail: A Hiking Guide for a Heroic Life
Synopsis What is a hero? T. A. Barron...
Jeanne Meyers, Xenia Shin
Abigail Disney
We talk to documentary filmmaker and philanthropist Abigail Disney about why she became a documentary filmmaker, and her organizations Peace is Loud and the Daphne Foundation.wo
Picture of About Women Transforming Media
About Women Transforming Media
Women Transforming Media is as an initiative of The MY HERO Project, dedicated to profiling women who are transforming media, and the world. This initiative was made possible with the generous support of the American Association of University Women
Picture of The Armor of Light [Trailer]
The Armor of Light [Trailer]
What price conscience? THE ARMOR OF LIGHT follows an Evangelical minister and the mother of a teenage shooting victim who ask, is it possible to be both pro-gun and pro-life?
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
We talk to documentary filmmaker and philanthropist Abigail Disney about why she became a documentary filmmaker, her award-winning film "Pray the Devil Back to Hell," and her organization Peace is Loud.
Picture of Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview
Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview
<
>

Philanthropist Eva Haller on Diversity, Community, and Life Under Quarantine
After World War II, Eva Haller moved to the United States and worked as a house cleaner. Now she’s one of the most respected female philanthropists of her generation.
WTM Interview | Directors of "RBG," the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Documentary
RBG directors Betsy West, Julie Cohen talk about the making of their documentary at Sundance Film Festival. Interview by Betty Bailey for Women Transforming Media.
Tiffany Shlain
Outstanding Filmmaker, Mentor, Character Education Champion
Liza Koshy
Liza Koshy is a YouTuber who has collaborated with the Girls Opportunity Alliance (GOA) to advocate for greater educational opportunities for girls in underprivileged communities.
Margot Lee Shetterly: Shining a Light on Hidden Figures
Margot Lee Shetterly is the author of "Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race."
Ida Lupino
0:36
WTM Promo
WTM features women transforming the media landscape and the world.
JESSICA MAYBERRY OF VIDEO VOLUNTEERS NAMED 2019 EVA HALLER WTM AWARD WINNER
2:07
Geralyn Dreyfous | Impact Partners
Excerpt from our interview with Geralyn Dreyfous, recipient of the MY HERO International Film Festival 2019 Media Award.
Jessica Mayberry Interview by Marc Ostrick
Jessica Mayberry is the founder of Video Volunteers, a media and human rights organization based in India.
Jessica Mayberry
Jessica Mayberry is the founder and executive director of Video Volunteers, an organization that teaches filmmaking to underrepresented communities in India.
Michelle Obama
Michelle Obama was the first African American First Lady of the United States.
Wonder Woman comic
NYLA INNUKSUK
Nyla Innuksuk is an exciting young indigenous filmmaker who is pushing the boundaries of filmmaking, going beyond 2 D (flattie) films to VR/AR and 360 with her Mixtape VR company. Check out her journey to date.
Katherine Johnson
Nellie Bly
Emma Gonzalez by Madeline Chu. Boys&Girls Club, LB
Emma Gonzalez- Spokesperson for March For Our Lives
Hillary Clinton
Superhero 101: Oprah Gail Winfrey