Professional

Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview

Directed by: Xenia Shin | Produced by: Xenia Shin | Starring: Anabelle Vo | 2018 | United States

We talk to writer/director Olivia Milch about writing the "feminist fever dream," Ocean's 8!

<
>

Related Pages

Picture of Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
We talk to documentary filmmaker and philanthropist Abigail Disney about why she became a documentary filmmaker, her award-winning film "Pray the Devil Back to Hell," and her organization Peace is Loud.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Alyse Nelson
Women Transforming Media: Alyse Nelson
“Power expands the moment it’s shared. And women often want to do that. When they ‘re invested in, they want to give back, they want to pay it forward. And that’s what we do at Vital Voices. We simply search the world for these leaders with a vision for extraordinary change. And we invest in them to take that vision to scale.”
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Cari Beauchamp
Women Transforming Media: Cari Beauchamp
Cari Beauchamp is an award-winning author, film historian and documentary filmmaker. In her book about the nearly-lost history of the powerful women writers of early Hollywood, Without Lying Down, she resurrects the figure of Frances Marion, who reigned as the highest paid screenwriter or two decades. With the book nearing its 20th anniversary, we talk to Cari about how she rescued Frances Marion "from the footnotes of history."
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Gabrielle Gorman
Women Transforming Media: Gabrielle Gorman
Emerging filmmaker Gabrielle Gorman's poetic filmmaking confronts issues like identity, racism and self-love. We talk to the 2016 MY HERO International Film Festival Student Honoree, National Young Arts alumna in Cinematic Arts and Presidential Scholar finalist about how she wants to make art for social change.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
In her second documentary feature, Jen Senko analyzes the rise of right wing media through her relationship with her father, who became "unreachable" after he started to listen to right-wing radio and watch Fox News avidly. Jen shares her experiences making of the film through Kickstarter, where her project got the attention of Emmy Award-nominated actor Matthew Modine, who ended up narrating the film and co-producing it with his production company, Cinco Dedos Peliculas. Jen talks about getting interview subjects to help explain what happened to her father, and how we got to today's pisive media landscape.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Kayla Briët
Women Transforming Media: Kayla Briët
Kayla Briët is an emerging filmmaker and composer. Women Transforming Media talks to the National Young Arts Finalist, Sundance Ignite Fellow and TED Fellow about her short, Smoke That Travels, a celebration and reflection on her native American heritage.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Kim Adelman
Women Transforming Media: Kim Adelman
Women Transforming Media talks to the queen of short filmmaking, Kim Adelman about the newest edition of her book, Making It Big in Shorts. Kim tells us about programming the American Cinematheque's Focus on Female Directors Showcase for over a decade, the Female Filmmaking Collective, and why you should make a short film.
<
>

RBG [Trailer]
At the age of 84, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon.
Won't You Be My Neighbor [Trailer]
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers.
1 minute
The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia [Trailer]
The myths, the stigmas, the truths, of dyslexia revealed.
Supercharging the Classroom: Using Technology to Support Personalized Learning
Sal Khan founded a school on the same principles of personalization that drove the success of his YouTube tutorials.
5:54
Bella Gaia VR
BELLA GAIA is an unprecedented NASA-powered immersive experience that communicates without words.
4:46
Reunited: A Short Film about Music and the Human Spirit
In this uplifting short film, directed by Max Thurlow and Nick Trumble, Noisey meets 93 year old jazz pianist Edward Hardy.
8:16
My Haggan Dream
On the island of Saipan, a young girl's mysterious dream about a haggan, or green sea turtle, leads her to investigate the sea turtles that live around her home. Join her adventure to find turtles, which leads to a wonderful birthday wish.
2:22
A Magical Place
In South Sudan, school is a magical place.
1:58
Nature is Speaking - Julia Roberts is Mother Nature
The voice of mother nature motivates us to listen and act on her behalf.
Love Has No Labels
The Love Has No Labels campaign challenges us to open our eyes to our bias and prejudice and work to stop it in ourselves, others and institutions.
5:58
A Case for Dreaming
This short 6 min film explores the creative and emotional importance of&hellip;.letting our brains do nothing.
Always a Family
On September 11th, 2001, Michael Trinidad called Monique Ferrer from the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center's North Tower to say one last goodbye.
7:24
Defying Death in South Sudan
Defying death in South Sudan. Featuring Humanitarian Hero Award Winner Ken Payumo.
3:11
I'll take it from here... Because I'm a Girl
One in three girls around the world is denied an education by the daily realities of poverty, conflict or discrimination.
4.22
Eagle Eyes
Overcoming a history of traumatic violence, Ruth Buendía united the Asháninka people in a powerful campaign against large-scale dams that would have once again uprooted indigenous communities still recovering from Peru’s devastating civil war.
6 minutes
A Woman's Place is in the Lab
A historical look at the long road for women in science. Following the outstanding career of Dr. Gail Brown, PhD. Renowned Scientist.
7 min
A Good American: The Times of Ron Kovic [excerpt]
Loretta Smith documents the amazing journey of Ron Kovic, a Vietnam war veteran and a world renowned activist. In this excerpt, Ron recalls how he got his start as a peace activist.
5:36
Brian Cox
Brian Cox, Senior Director for the South Park Recreation Center,transformed a broken neighborhood.
5:34
Adarsha and Apoorva
Adarsha and Apoorva are two siblings on a mission to help with farming projects in India and garden projects in the US.
6:37
Right To Play [Excerpt]
Olympian Johann Olav Koss embarked on a remarkable journey to use sports to improve the lives of African children.