Professional

Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview

Directed by: Xenia Shin | Produced by: Xenia Shin | Starring: Anabelle Vo | 2018 | United States

We talk to writer/director Olivia Milch about writing the "feminist fever dream," Ocean's 8!

<
>

Related Pages

Picture of Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
We talk to documentary filmmaker and philanthropist Abigail Disney about why she became a documentary filmmaker, her award-winning film "Pray the Devil Back to Hell," and her organization Peace is Loud.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Alyse Nelson
Women Transforming Media: Alyse Nelson
“Power expands the moment it’s shared. And women often want to do that. When they ‘re invested in, they want to give back, they want to pay it forward. And that’s what we do at Vital Voices. We simply search the world for these leaders with a vision for extraordinary change. And we invest in them to take that vision to scale.”
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Cari Beauchamp
Women Transforming Media: Cari Beauchamp
Cari Beauchamp is an award-winning author, film historian and documentary filmmaker. In her book about the nearly-lost history of the powerful women writers of early Hollywood, Without Lying Down, she resurrects the figure of Frances Marion, who reigned as the highest paid screenwriter or two decades. With the book nearing its 20th anniversary, we talk to Cari about how she rescued Frances Marion "from the footnotes of history."
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Gabrielle Gorman
Women Transforming Media: Gabrielle Gorman
Emerging filmmaker Gabrielle Gorman's poetic filmmaking confronts issues like identity, racism and self-love. We talk to the 2016 MY HERO International Film Festival Student Honoree, National Young Arts alumna in Cinematic Arts and Presidential Scholar finalist about how she wants to make art for social change.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
In her second documentary feature, Jen Senko analyzes the rise of right wing media through her relationship with her father, who became "unreachable" after he started to listen to right-wing radio and watch Fox News avidly. Jen shares her experiences making of the film through Kickstarter, where her project got the attention of Emmy Award-nominated actor Matthew Modine, who ended up narrating the film and co-producing it with his production company, Cinco Dedos Peliculas. Jen talks about getting interview subjects to help explain what happened to her father, and how we got to today's pisive media landscape.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Kayla Briët
Women Transforming Media: Kayla Briët
Kayla Briët is an emerging filmmaker and composer. Women Transforming Media talks to the National Young Arts Finalist, Sundance Ignite Fellow and TED Fellow about her short, Smoke That Travels, a celebration and reflection on her native American heritage.
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Kim Adelman
Women Transforming Media: Kim Adelman
Women Transforming Media talks to the queen of short filmmaking, Kim Adelman about the newest edition of her book, Making It Big in Shorts. Kim tells us about programming the American Cinematheque's Focus on Female Directors Showcase for over a decade, the Female Filmmaking Collective, and why you should make a short film.
<
>

MY HERO - Overview
Eva Haller In Conversation with Dan Bena
Eva Haller Salon with Krishen Mehta
Eva Haller Salon (excerpt) - BlackHERstory ft UNLADYLIKE2020
Eva Haller hosts guests from the MY HERO Team to celebrate Women's History Month joined by Charlotte Mangin and Sandra Rattley from the UNLADYLIKE2020 Project
Eva Haller Salon (excerpt) - William Siemering
Eva Haller Salon with Mohamed Sidibay
Eva Haller Salon (excerpt) - Covid-19 & Mental Health with Ellen Haller
In this Zoom salon, Ellen Haller, a professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the University of California San Francisco, discusses the impacts of the pandemic on mental health and provides advice for how cope with these challenging times.
2:16
Yasmine Sherif Global Educator Award Winner
Congratulations to Yasmine Sherif, the Director of Education Cannot Wait and the winner of the 2020 Global Educator Award.
4:58
Yasmine Sherif - 2020 Global Educator Award Zoom Presentation
Global Educator Award Yasmine Sherif, Director of UN Global Fund ECW
Looking After Our Spirit
UNLADYLIKE2020: Ynes Mexia
A late bloomer, botanist Ynes Mexia enrolled in college at the age of 51. She led expeditions, including in the Amazon rainforest, discovering 500 new species of plants.
UNLADYLIKE2020: Margaret Chung
Margaret Chung aka "Mike" aka "Mom Chung of the Fair Haired Bastards," was the only woman in her med school class. She advanced women's ability to serve in the armed forces.
Nicole Boxer
Women Transforming Media caught up with documentary filmmaker Nicole Boxer on the red carpet of the Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California Affiliate's Genii Awards. We talked to her about her recent film, The Hunting Ground and how documentaries are taking up the space left by shrinking newsrooms. Nicole was presented with the Excellence in Documentary Award by her mother, Senator Barbara Boxer.
The Valley of Light Project
The inner flame resides in the heart of each individual, that is why we are all interconnected. All individual flames unite as One Universal Flame of Love and Compassion. 2020 song contest winner
Eva Haller at Rotary World Peace Conference 2020
Unsung Hero Song
This song was written and performed by Kitty Richardson.
WTM Interview | Directors of "RBG," the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Documentary
RBG directors Betsy West, Julie Cohen talk about the making of their documentary at Sundance Film Festival. Interview by Betty Bailey for Women Transforming Media.
Maurice Gordon time lapse
Michael Dean time lapse
David McAtee time lapse