Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

The Foundation for the Contemporary Family presents the Relationships First Award.
Honoring short films that depict in innovative ways the powerful and poignant connections in any type of contemporary family relationship.

Download the call for entries flyer here.

2016 Prize Winners

2015 Prize Winner

The Future of Our Species

This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species. This film is part of the Emmy-nominated hit series, 'The Future Starts Here,' where Director Tiffany Shlain takes us on a series of wildly entertaining, daring and inspiring rides exploring what it means to be human in an increasingly connected world. From the latest neuroscience on daydreaming to the evolution of social media to new perspectives on creativity, diplomacy, gender and the future of our species, Shlain uses her signature style of fast-paced images, colorful animations, and daring and funny insights to encourage us all to think about where we're headed.

Produced by Tiffany Shlain

2014 Grand Prize Winner

Present Trauma

'Present Trauma' is a psychological drama about Keith, a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after a combat tour overseas.

Produced by Mark Manalo

Finalists

The Beach: My Diary - United States
In this short film, Alia talks about her love for the beach and the special relationship she has with it.
Producer: BAYCAT / Directed by: Alia Gabrielle
Hello From Malaysia - USA
Aiman has just moved from Malaysia to the U.S. and finds it hard to fit in with the cultural differences.
Producer: Kira Bursky
Stella and Smiley - Australia
Stella and Smiley is a film about age, life, death, loss, and hope.
Producer: Nicholas Pollock

A Father to Dye For - USA
When director Lena Nozizwe took over her father's care giving, she quickly found out that, her responsibilities included coloring his grey hair black.
Producer: Lena Nozizwe
Friendship Shelter's 25th Anniversary - United States
The Friendship Shelter celebrates its 25th anniversary through stories of past and current residents.
Producer: Produced and Directed by Scott Hays, WeedPatch Productions
Lean - USA
An African American man remembers growing up and falling in love during the 1950s.
Producer: Kevin J. O'Neill
My African Home - Australia
My African Home is the story of an Australian woman who traveled to Tanzania and established a home for orphaned children.
Producer: Carley Andrews

Present Trauma - USA
Producer: Mark Manalo
A Simple Man with a Peaceful Heart - Ghana
Br.John has been there for young people in all phases of their lives. When there is no food, he gives them chocolate, bread and cake which he makes himself.
Producer: Bua Philip Ortavershima

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us