Celebrating the best of humanity, one story at a time.
Visit our Facebook Visit our Twitter

Dan Eldon was a passionate activist, artist and photo journalist. He was fearless in his quest to help others and in his desire to tell the stories that others were not. Sadly at the age of twenty-two, Dan was killed while working as a photo-journalist in Somalia. His work has appeared in several art journals and exhibitions inspiring people around the world. Kathy Eldon presents the Dan Eldon Activist Award to the filmmaker who best uses media to effect positive change.

Click here to download the PDF Flyer.

Click on images to view

Water Song

Máxima Acuña, a subsistence farmer in Peru’s northern highlands, stood up to the giant Colorado based Newmont Mining Corporation over the development of a gold and copper mine on her property.

By Mill Valley Film Group and Will Parrinello

Frame by Frame

After decades of war and an oppressive Taliban regime, four Afghan photojournalists face the realities of building a free press in a country left to stand on its own -- reframing Afghanistan for the world and for themselves.

By Mo Scarpelli, Alexandria Bombach

Waves for Water

Jon Rose is a humanitarian, Pro-Surfer, who started the organization Waves for Water. Waves for Water's mission is to get access to clean water to those in need around the world.

By Aaron Flynn & HURLEY

Vital Voices: Hawa Abdi

Dr. Hawa Abdi is Somalia's first female gynecologist. When the central government collapsed in 1989, Dr. Abdi's one-room clinic on her family farm began treating and housing local people fleeing the fighting. In time, the population living on her land reached 90,000 people. Dr. Abdi worked with international NGOs and her own resources to feed and house all who came to her with the caveats that first, no one could bring clan fighting into the camp, and second, no man could beat his wife.

By Aaron Kisner

A Ride with Matt

A Ride With Matt is a joint feature documentary about Huntington’s Disease as well as a charity fundraising effort. The film explores the history of the disease, who it effects, the families coping with it, and researchers and doctors looking for a cure.

Produced by Robert Rippberger

Erica Fernandez: The Tool of Protest

Erica emigrated with her family to the farming community of Oxnard from Mexico when she was 12 years old. She soon developed a strong bond with the community based on common experiences and relationships with groups and individuals in Oxnard. After learning that the wealthiest mining corporation in the world planned to develop an LNG pipeline from 13 miles offshore to the mainland, she became concerned. When Erica learned that the company's plan— based on the politics of wealthier surrounding communities —involved the construction of a major pipeline through Oxnard, she knew she had to act.

Produced by The Institute for Advancing Unity/The Working Group

Pedal=Sight

A story about a young woman named Bharati, who is now able to go to high school – and dream big – because of a bicycle.

By Jacob & Isaac Seigel-Boettner

For more information: withmyowntwowheels.org
Home Is Where You Find It

A sixteen year old AIDS orphan directs a documentary about finding a new family in Maputo, Mozambique.

Directed by Alcides Soares, Produced by Neal Baer.

For more information: bykids.org

©2013 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved. Technical errors or questions? support@myheroproject.org

.
Support Us