Activist
Produced by: Jason Russell
About Dan Eldon
6:02
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

About Dan Eldon

Produced by: Jason Russell | Documentary | 2014 | USA | 6:02

Dan Eldon was a photojournalist who used his creativity to effect positive change for those in need. He was killed while on assignment in Somalia, but his spirit lives on in the Creative Visions Foundation, founded by his mother and sister.
<
>

Playas de Tijuana
An inspiring poem about the border fence that meets the sea, where names become prayers and where “the worst place to be is here and not there.”
T(he)y
Each day, different people experience and view the world through entirely different lenses, based on those identities. Often, we forget that this is the case.
3:46
Still I Rise
A visual and musical interpretation of American poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou’s electrifying poem "Still I Rise."
3:28
mothers2mothers: Chancy
Mothers2mothers addresses the health needs of under-served communities in Africa by empowering "Mentor Mothers" to work in local communities and provide medical services that are sorely lacking.
4:57
Idle No More
Heather Archibald was a social activist and foster care child who passed away. Her strong words are honored in this film.
5:53
Educate Girls
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
He Named Me Malala - Official Trailer
HE NAMED ME MALALA is a portrait of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai.
Soundiata Keita
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.
Filmmaker Lisa Donato Accepts the Eldon Activist Award and Kovic Peace Prize
Kathy Eldon presents director Lisa Donato with the Dan Eldon Activist Award and the Ron Kovic Peace Prize, on behalf of Ron Kovic, for her film Reclaiming Pakistan at the 2017 MY HERO Film Festival.
1:33
About In Harmony
For some LA kids, music is not just a form of art, it’s the key to overcoming the odds.
2:42
Creative Visions Foundation
Creative Visions believes in the power of storytelling to ignite positive social change
Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau
Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
8:26
Reclaiming Pakistan
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
We Are Human
A first-person 360 experience. You, the viewer, will view what it's like to stereotype one another first-hand:
6:30
The People United
A first-person 360 experience. You, the viewer, will attend a "No Ban-No Wall" rally in San Francisco first-hand.
9:52
Marian Wright Edelman and the Children's Defense Fund: A Fight for Children's Advocacy
This documentary tells the story of the Children's Defense Fund and its involvement in legislative efforts toward a better future for America's kids.
4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.