Jason Russell
About Dan Eldon
6:02
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

About Dan Eldon

Jason Russell | Documentary | 2014 | USA | 6:02

Dan Eldon was a photojournalist who used his creativity to effect positive change for those in need. He was killed while on assignment in Somalia, but his spirit lives on in the Creative Visions Foundation, founded by his mother and sister.
<
>

4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
13:28
Inez Milholland ~ Forward into Light
This short documentary is a window into the Women's Suffrage Movement through the sacrifice of an American Amazon who will inspire today’s woman as much as she did 100 years ago.
The Petition
The proposed removal of the Robert E. Lee statue at Lee Park in Charlottesville Virginia has been a contentious issue among the residents of the town. Two Light House students sought to examine the issues at hand through documentary filmmaking.
From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.
2:06
The hydrologic corridor
An explanation of our system approach: the hydrologic corridor.
8:14
Mission Kidz4Life!
Can kids band together to change the world? This movie uses the empathic power of art and creative writing to urge kids to become the heroes and heroines of their dreams. We're looking for you!
9:45
After Freddie Gray: What Now?
In spring 2016, high school students at Wide Angle Youth Media decided to explore how the Baltimore Uprising in response to Freddie Gray's death has impacted different youth-serving organizations. Hear from different voices about what is being done in Baltimore in the aftermath to shape supports for youth in the city.
Girls Like Us
Apps & Girls, an organization that teaches young girls how to code their own websites, and Carolyne Ekyarisiima, the founder of Apps & Girls, became a mentor.
"Fighter" Infinite Love For Kids Fighting Cancer
'Fighter' is an authentic representation of kids fighting for their lives due to cancer.
10:00
Every Drop Counts
Cada Gota Cuenta gives a dynamic insight to just how detrimental the contaminated water in Guatemala can be on its population and especially the health and wellbeing of its aspiring students.
5:18
Us and Us_
A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.
4:00
Walk Again Project
Dr. Nicolelis is also founder of the Walk Again Project, an international consortium of scientists and engineers, dedicated to the development of an exoskeleton device to assist severely paralyzed patients in regaining full body mobility.
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
9:40
The $1 Microscope
A device made from paper promises to make microscopes as widely available as pencils.
6:06
FIELDWORKS: Jody Wood, Beauty in Transition
2014 ABOG Fellow Jody Wood brings her mobile beauty salon to nine homeless shelters over three months in New York City.
5:28
Water Song
Máxima Acuña, a subsistence farmer in Peru’s northern highlands, stood up to Newmont Mining Corporation!
10:58
How Far I Want to Go
7:36
My Hero Pomozi.ba
4:47
The Equal Justice Initiative