Organizer Basics

Basics of working with organizers

Index

Welcome

You are eager to get that organizer created and feel that you should already know how to do it. This is natural. You think "When I run into a problem, that's when I will read or learn the instructions". This works, but often you miss out on things because you are not even aware that they exist. As a result things can look difficult when you want to do something different.

Spend some minutes understanding the basics and this will SAVE YOU TIME and even spare you some pain.

There are just a few things to know, and then "LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN".

The organizer can be navigated by 1. Using Tabs,  2. the browser back and forward arrows, 3. the main toolbar. 

1. Tabs

SELECTION:  This  tab allows you to create a new organizer as well as see what organizers are in-progress as well as published.

ORGANIZER EDIT:  This tab is active when an organizer page is being built or is being edited.

2. Browser Back and Forward Buttons

If you are in the tab ORGANIZER EDIT and before that were in SELECTION, then pressing the 'browser back' button will return you to SELECTION. Pressing the 'browser forward' button will return you to ORGANIZER EDIT. 

3. Main Toolbar Top and Bottom

Moving to the Top vertical_align_topor the Bottom vertical_align_bottomof the Edit Page using these options on the Main Toolbar.

Main Toolbar

The Main Toolbar is located on the left of the screen. It is used to create organizer elements, to format the organizer, to view the organizer as well as publish the organizer. 

On large screens the Main Toolbar is to the left of the organizer page. Its position can be changed by dragging. On smaller screens the position of the Main Toolbar is fixed in position on the left side of the organizer edit page. To hide the Main Toolbar, click the close (X) icon on the top right of the toolbar.  The toolbar can be shown again by clicking the menu icon menu located on the left of the tab bar, or located on the top right of the Item Toolbar.

Item Toolbar

The Item Toolbar is located on the right of the screen. It is used to select or format selected items on the organizer page. For example, by selecting an image item for example, the alignment of the image can be changed. It can also be selected for moving. Depending on the item, different formatting options are presented. 

On large screens the Item Toolbar is to the right of the organizer page. Its position can be changed by dragging. On smaller screens the position of the Item Toolbar is fixed in position on the right side of the organizer edit page. To hide the Item Toolbar, click the close (X) icon on the top left of the toolbar.  The toolbar can be shown again by right clicking element on the organizer page, or by clicking on an item's mini-toolbar selection icon edit_location 

Mini Toolbar

Above each element on the organizer page there is a mini-toolbar.

This allows you to quickly perform actions on the element. Common icons are edit_location  which allows you to open the Item Toolbar, edit which allows you to edit the element and remove_circlewhich allows you to delete the element. Depending on the type of element more options are shown. 

Use of the mouse

Right clicking your mouse on a page element (text box, story, image, divider) that is on the organizer page will normally open up the Item Toolbar that is displayed on the right hand side of the organizer page.  This toolbar allows you to format or do other actions on the item you selected.

Left click and hold  is used to drag an element on the organizer page to another location on the page.  When letting go of the mouse button, the item dragged will be dropped at that location on the page.  On wide screens, both the Main Toolbar and the Item Toolbar can be dragged to another location on the screen. 

Saving Your Work

Your work is automatically saved while you are working on your organizer. 

It will also be available to you on multiple computer devices. This means you can work on your organizer at school or at home using different computers and can continue where you left off. 

Previewing Your Work

As you work on your organizer you probably want to know what it will look like after it has been published. 

Whenever you want to see the finished look hit the PREVIEW DRAFT button on the Main Toolbar.

Media Content Layout

Media Content such as stories, art, film, and audio can be presented on the organizer page in different sizes, depending on how many elements are presented in a single row.

The options are 4 across:

3 across:

and 2 across: