Literary
Please consider donating today
If you share our goals of shining light on the heroes in our midst and empowering people around the world to create positive change, please consider donating today. The MY HERO Project is a haven of hope — a gathering of inspiration and a celebration of the best of our humanity. Our staff and millions of people around the world depend on the help of people like you so MY HERO can continue to thrive for years to come. Thank You for your donation.

“Frame By Frame” Wins MY HERO's 2015 Dan Eldon Activist Award

Kathy Eldon Presents the Dan Eldon Activist Award
Contact: Wendy Milette                                         FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
949-376-5964

“FRAME BY FRAME” WINS 2015 DAN ELDON ACTIVIST AWARD

SANTA MONICA, CA – 11/24/15 A documentary that follows photojournalists working to establish a free press in the post war country of Afghanistan is the winner of the 2015 Dan Eldon Activist Award.  “Frame by Frame,” shadows four Afghan photojournalists, with various areas of focus, in a country where taking a photograph was once illegal.  

One photographer captures breaking news.  Another tackles the tough social issues, such as heroin addicts on the streets and in recovery centers.   A third believes in the historic value of photographs, which he feels are an important part of a nation’s identity.  The fourth, a woman, focuses on the lives of Afghan women and the impact of the Taliban regime on the generation who were denied educations.

The Dan Eldon Activist Award is given each year to a film that uses media to bring about positive change.  Some of the film’s interviews and footage were shot secretly during the Taliban regime, which offers the audience a candid look at an oppressed people.  
Creative Visions Founder Kathy Eldon
Creative Visions Founder Kathy Eldon
Eldon was an activist and photojournalist, passionate in his quest to tell stories what were not being told.  In 1993, 22-year-old Eldon was killed on assignment in Somalia.  His mother Kathy Eldon is founder of Creative Visions Foundation, a non-profit organization that fosters and promotes activism.  She personally presents the Dan Eldon Activist Award in his honor each year at the MY HERO International Film Festival.  

“It is about photojournalists who are shedding light, taking photographs, creating images that can awaken the world and that’s what this film festival is all about,” said Eldon, 

Eldon has just finished shooting a feature film that has been 20 years in the making.  It reveals her son’s incredible journey as a photojournalist.