2017 Relationships First Award Finalists

Short films that depict in innovative ways the powerful and poignant connections in any type of contemporary family relationship.

Reunited: A Short Film about Music and the Human Spirit

In this uplifting short film, directed by Max Thurlow and Nick Trumble, Noisey meets 93 year old jazz pianist Edward Hardy.

G.I. José

WARNING - This film is recommended for mature audiences - it contains strong language and violence -viewer discretion advised. A Mexican-American U.S. Army soldier comes back home and has a dilemma.

In a Heartbeat

A closeted boy runs the risk of being outed by his own heart after it pops out of his chest to chase down the boy of his dreams.

Solace in Amal

“Solace in Amal” tells the story of Elhassania, a young woman who hopes to someday open her own business to support her family.

Girls Like Us

Producer: Hailey Sprinkel
Apps & Girls, an organization that teaches young girls how to code their own websites, and Carolyne Ekyarisiima, the founder of Apps & Girls, became a mentor.

We All Stumble

Already Alive partnered with the Robin Hood Foundation (robinhood.org) to create a film that highlights all too common stories of people living below the poverty line in New York City.

Fear

Producer: Elephant Tribe
When fears grow big and hopes get small, a little boy seeks helps from the least likely superhero.

Under the Stars

With his parents’ break up at the forefront of his mind, a young boy seeks escape and someone to talk to. Without a male figure in his life, he seeks solace under the stars with a message for his Grandad, who doesn’t need to reply, but just to listen. They are not so far from here.

Who We Are

For Puerto Rico

The IF Project Documentary Trailer

Women are the fastest growing segment of the incarcerated population, increasing at nearly double the rate of men since 1985. The IF Project is a feature length documentary that explores the reasons behind these staggering numbers by intimately following a heroic Seattle police officer and the writing workshop she created with a group of inmates at a maximum security women’s prison.

The Anniversary

Producer: Flash As Productions
Estelle tries to bring Oliver out of his gloom and they end up having an unexpected night of fun and childish games, as they reconnect and support each other through their grief over a tragic loss.

Learn more about the Relationships First Award

Organizer created on 10/5/2017 4:17:23 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 10/26/2017 1:32:12 PM by Wendy Milette