2017 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Finalists

Featuring short films that effectively address the issue of peace.

The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice

Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
;

ROOTED in PEACE - Trailer

ROOTED in PEACE challenges viewers to examine their values as Americans and human beings.
;

Welcome to the Peace Center

Two student filmmakers embark on a journey into Bukinda, Uganda, one of the most rural villages of the country, to capture the lives of children in The Peace Centre Uganda orphanage.
;

Karim Sulayman - I trust you

Karim Sulayman stands blindfolded on a street. In his hand is a sign that says "I TRUST YOU."
;

No exit: Jordan’s most vulnerable refugees -

Producer: Liz Mermin | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Jordan’s most vulnerable refugees get support.
;

HIAS - For the Refugee

This film was produced for World Refugee Day, to publicise and spread awareness on HIAS' mission and values for the last 130 years.
;

Reclaiming Pakistan

Producer: Lisa Donato
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.
;

Between Us

Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
;

From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station

Producer: Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan R...
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.
;

The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer

Producer: Marla Slavner
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner, as she sets out for six months on her 16th birthday across the world in search of stories of hope and resilience that shine a light on what it means to be a global citizen and how we can all make a difference.
;

Blood and Soil In #CHARLOTTESVILLE

Producer: Sandi Bachom
First hand experience of standing up in Charlottesville.
;

More about Ron Kovic

Click to learn about the Ron Kovic Peace Prize
Credit: Ron Kovic

Ron Kovic

By: Betty Bailey and Jeanne Meyers
Ron Kovic is honored at the MY HERO Celebration of Peace.
;

Ron Kovic, 2014

By: Robert Shetterly
;

Organizer created on 10/5/2017 5:27:08 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 10/18/2017 1:34:05 PM by Wendy Milette