2018 Teen Press Award Finalists

Get inspired by these strong finalist shorts featuring youth journalism.

Gray Areas

Produced by:Cheri Gaulke, Jackson Kroopf, and Alethea Paradis
Two U.S. teens travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to explore the gray areas of governmental policies and human experience in this contested region.

Āmrikā

Produced by:Harvard Westlake
An Iranian-American teenager travels to a small village in Iran to interview people about their opinions of America. She examines what they have to say and contrasts that with some of the stereotypes that characterize the Middle East.

The Fabric of America

Produced by:Gandhi Brigade Youth Media
Under our broken immigration system, thousands of people are living in fear every day, and peaceful members of society are being targeted as criminals. This film explores the many sides and issues underlying this complex and controversial topic, and shows how these issues manifest locally, in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Guatemalans and their Government

Walt Schoen and Daniel Novikov
“Everyday, journalists put their lives on the line to tell the truth.”

From AIDS to Advice: LGBTQ+ Seniors Tell Their Stories

Sophie Kim
Nine LGBTQ+ senior citizens share their experiences, including coming out stories, life during the HIV/AIDS crisis, and advice for LGBTQ+ youth, parents, and allies.

RePainting the Mission

Produced by:BAYCAT

A short documentary on the issue of displacement in the actively changing Mission District in San Francisco, CA.

Dreamers

Luis Luna, Angel Mendonza, Daniel Valderrama
We wanted to spread awareness about DACA. Our film main priority was to educate people about this issues surrounding DACA students.

Intersectionality

Produced by:BAYCAT

A short documentary discovering what it means to identify with multiple communities.

Organizer created on 10/11/2018 6:33:26 PM by Jun Kelly

Last edited 11/16/2018 2:44:54 PM by Wendy Milette