2019 Dan Eldon Activist Award Finalists

Films that feature amazing activists who are empowered to make the world a better place.

Watch the following six films, which are the finalists for the Dan Eldon Activist Award, select your favorite and make a suggestion to the judges using the link below.

What if...

Produced by:Terry Campbell, Paul Leon, Noah Berlow, Rose Wolfrum, Amelia Iacobel...

This short documentary film shatters the preconceptions of homelessness, explores the ramifications of unstable housing for children, and provides a solution.

Literacy for Environmental Justice: Cultivating Youth Leaders in Southeast San Francisco

Kristin Tieche

This short documentary film follows three environmental youth leaders changing the world.

Words Have Power

Produced by:Lynne Cherry

10-year-old Jaysa rallies the community with her speeches about how the power plant causes asthma. When they succeed in shutting down the plant, Jaysa concludes that “words have power.”

Truth To Power (Festival Version)

Produced by:John Antonelli

As grassroots activists, Makoma Lekalakala and Liz McDaid built a broad coalition to stop the South African government’s massive secret nuclear deal with Russia. PASSWORD: mvfg

Defending The Deep

Will Parrinello

A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian led a focused, data-driven advocacy campaign against the destructive fishing practice of deep-sea bottom trawling. 

Global Dance Heroes - Global Inspiration!

Teresa Taylor

The mission of The Global Dance Initiative is to spotlight and support heroes from around the globe that use DANCE to Heal, Connect, and Inspire.

Click on the image below to select your favorite and make your suggestion to the judges.

Learn more Dan Eldon and the Activist Award

Dan Eldon Activist Award
Credit: myhero

About Dan Eldon

Produced by:Jason Russell

Dan Eldon was a photojournalist who used his creativity to effect positive change. He was killed while on assignment in Somalia, but his spirit lives on in the Creative Visions Foundation.

The Journey is the Destination (Trailer)

Produced by:Kathy Eldon +

THE JOURNEY IS THE DESTINATION is based on the remarkable true story of the life of Dan Eldon .

Dan Eldon Activist Award Sizzle

Produced by:Hila Hamidi

Learn about the Dan Eldon Activist Award in the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Organizer created on 11/8/2019 7:14:27 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 11/27/2019 1:28:05 PM by Xenia Shin