ORGANIZER

2023 Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Finalists

Enjoy these inspiring films about ocean conservation around the world.

Ocean Guardians - USA

Selket A Kaufman
Visionary creates grassroots social enterprise to prevent whale extinction.

The Art Of Discovery - USA

Mónika Naranjo-Shepherd
Like scientists, artists conceptualize and put together ideas in new ways. Artists and scientists both have the ability to offer a deeper understanding of our Ocean.

The Diary of a Marine Researcher

Christopher Neill
You can now watch AIMM’s first short-documentary about The Diary of a Marine Researcher. This is a very special project for us and we couldn’t have done it without the dedicated work of our producer Christopher Neill. We want to thank everyone that was a part of this project.

The Black Mermaid - SOUTH AFRICA

Zandile Ndhlovu
Throughout history, Black communities have had a treacherous relationship with water, depicted as a powerful yet destructive entity by African folklore. This is a story never told before, but necessary now more than ever: a modern day tale of the Black Mermaid, Zandile Ndhlovu, who is changing the perception of the ocean in her community.

Fishing into the Future: A San Diego Story - USA

Lindsay Bauman & Andrea Sanchez Davidson
"San Diego Fisherman, Peter Halmay, talks about the Fish to Families Program (a program to help San Diego fishermen, the hospitality industry, and local families in need during the global pandemic 2020-2021).

SYLVIA EARLE OCEAN CONSERVATION AWARD

Learn more about the Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award
Credit: myhero
Learn about the MacGillivray Freeman Films Education Foundation's One World One Ocean Campaign
Credit: OWOO

Learn about the Award Sponsors - Barbara and Greg MacGillivray

By: Abigail Richardson

Organizer created on 5/8/2023 6:24:53 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 5/17/2023 3:13:19 PM by Wendy Milette