Abraham Lincoln

by Lyla from Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln by Lyla (I made this picture in art class)

You have probably heard facts and little tiny descriptions of Abraham Lincoln, but that is just the little facts. I’m going to tell you everything I know about him.

Abraham Lincoln was born Sunday, February 12, 1809, in a log cabin near Kentucky. His mother could NOT write at all and she had no schooling in her life. He had a brother named Thomas that died. He also had a sister named Sarah. Sarah died when she was giving birth to her first child. At the time she was married to a man named Aaron Grigsby. Abraham became inspired after he read a biography of George Washington. He wanted to become president because he saw a picture and red the biography of George Washington and he thought he could change the world. Most importantly, he wanted to let the slaves out of slavery. He studied politics and put his hands on every one he could. After he educated himself, he became a lawyer. He also practiced law.

He changed the world by getting black people out of slavery. He taught others to be nice to each other and black and white people to be nice to each other. He had an effect on the world with helping people with things they didn’t know. I think he would be better if he was alive but that’s how life is, people die. He would probably want all of us to be truthful and kind and good to each other.

He was assassinated in Washington, D.C. on April 15th, 1865. John Wilkes Booth shot Abraham Lincoln in the head at the Fords Theater on April 14th and he died the next day. I want to be like Abraham by being president someday and helping people get along. I became interested in Abraham after I read a column about him on the internet. Abraham inspired me by taking care of everybody and stopping slavery! I think the most impressive thing he did, was to care for everybody and try to feel what they feel.

Important dates to remember in Lincoln's Life!

1809-{February 12th} He was born!
1834- Elected to the Illinois general assembly!
1842-{November 4th} He got married!
1846-Elected to the U.S. house of representatives!
1858-Debated slavery with Stephen A. Douglas!
1860-{November 6th} Elected president of the United States!
1864-{November 8th} Reelected president!
1865-{April 14th} shot by John Wilkes Booth.
1865-{April 15th} Died in Washington D.C.

Abraham Lincoln - The White House