Abraham Lincoln

by Gators from New York

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809, in Hodgenville, Hardin County Kentucky. His parents were Nancy, and Thomas Lincoln. His sisters name was Sarah Lincoln. He was married on November 4,1842 to Mary Todd Lincoln. They had 4 children, and their names were, Robert Todd Lincoln, Edward Baker Lincoln, William Wallace Lincoln, and Thomas Tad Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln was born on Feb. 12 1809. He became the 16 president on March 4 1861 to April 16 1865. One of his nicknames were "Honest Abe." He became a lawyer, and he was a legislature in Illinois. In 1860 he was elected over John C. Breckinridge. Abraham got 1,865,593 popularity votes, and 180 electoral votes. After becoming president he became the leader of the Civil War. One night after the Civil War he went to a theater and was shot on April 15,1865. He was shot by John Wilkes Booth.

He demonstrated heroism when he went against slavery. Another way was when he became president. The next reason was he got rid of slavery in the south. Finally he united the country back.

Here are some characteristics. One characteristic is honesty, he used it in his daily life. Another characteristic is great leadership, which he used when he was president. Planning was another great characteristic, for when he was at war. Last is trust, which he used to trust the people

He died on April 15, 1865. He was shot by John Wilkes Booth in a theater. It was in North Carolina. He was in the hospital for one night before he died. In conclusion he taught us how to be brave, and thoughtful. He also taught us how to never think about yourself.

We did this project because our ELA class required us to. We picked Abraham Lincoln, because he was the 16th president of the United States of America.