Abraham Lincoln

by Rodrigo from Colorado

<a href=http://www.visitingdc.com/images/abraham-lincoln-picture.jpg>Abraham Lincoln</a>
Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln is a president you should always remember in your life. Abraham Lincoln was born on Sunday, February 12, 1809, in Kentucky. He met Mary Todd in 1839, and married her in November 4, 1842. They had their first child in 1842, named Robert. Then John Wilkes shot him in April 15, 1865. So Abraham Lincoln was a man with bravery, respect, and he was a great president.

<a href=http://www.thisnation.com/media/photos/emancipation.jpg>Emancipation Proclamation signing</a>
Emancipation Proclamation signing

He had bravery in a lot of ways, for example, when he wouldn’t give up to free the slaves. To free the slaves, he created the Emancipation Proclamation, which was an order to free the slaves in the Confederate areas. Abraham announced the Emancipation Proclamation on1862 to a huge crowd. Then the Emancipation Proclamation went into effect in January 1, 1863. So that’s why Abraham Lincoln was a man with bravery.

Abraham had a lot of respect to almost all the people he knew or saw. He had respect for the slaves by trying to free all of them till there were no more slaves. He even had respect to the people who hated him like John Wilkes Boothe who hated him a lot. His family was the most respected by him. He never screamed at his wife and he always completed what he promised them. That’s why I think Abraham had a lot of respect.

Abraham was one of the top five presidents of the United States. A lot of people liked him because he freed the slaves and there’s no more slavery in the U.S.A. He was elected for president for his first time in 1860. Then was elected for his second time in 1864. He was also known for all of his hard work. He was the president while the Civil War was on with the North and South. For all his hard work, he now has his head on Mount Rushmore, which is very popular. That’s why I think Abraham Lincoln was a really good president.

In conclusion, Abraham has changed the world of slavery. Abraham has now been a hero because of all the work he did when he was a president. Now slavery doesn’t exist in the United States thanks to Abraham Lincoln. That’s why I think he’s a hero today and how he has courage, respect, and how he’s a great president.