Angela Billingsly

by Jaylah from Mission viejo

"It's never too late to accomplish your goals in life"
Angela Billingsley, in San Francisco   (My moms phone (Ali Stith))
Angela Billingsley, in San Francisco (My moms phone (Ali Stith))

Such hard works contribute beautifully to me and my sister's lives. She puts a smile on everyone's face. She provides for my family and I love her so much. I first became aware of my hero when I was born. I think her career is cool because she makes sure people don't have diseases. My name is Jaylah Moering and I'm a high schooler and I would love to have the same job.

According to the Occupational Outlook website it says that "Medical laboratory technologists operate sophisticated laboratory equipment, such as microscopes and cell counters." This basically means they work machines so they can test if a person is healthy. They do this by testing body fluids, and seeing if there is something weird about it. They use sophisticated lab equipment. They would also meet with other people and discus results. Also they train people who want the same job. In order to become one you usually have to have a bachelor degree in technology for life science. You also need to be fit because it's hard to carry around heavy samples and other stuff. You also need to be detailed oriented, and organized. You would get paid about $ 60,520. The number of job technicians is growing. Some similar careers are biological technicians and chemical technicians. Also they get new technology often to detect diseases.

As a young person Angela always got good grades in school. This means she is really smart. So she would be good at operating high tech machinery. Also in high school she did track and field, so she was physically fit and able to carry heavy objects for a long time, due to the stamina she gained. Now she is still working at the same place and she has a family.

Angela Billingsly helps many people by seeing if they have serious diseases. She is able to find them ahead of time and save people. Even my friend Mari said "Dude your mom is so nice." My friend Parto said "Your mom is so funny and every time I see her she brings a smile to my face." This just proves she is good for society.

I want to have the same career as Angela has. In order to do this I will have good grades in all my classes. I will also get into advanced science classes. For college I will get my degree in technological life science. After that I will work at the same place while starting my own family.