Alexis Del Toro

by Nolan from Laguna Beach

Some people’s heroes can fly: mine can swim. My sister, Alexis Marie Del Toro is two years older than me. We first met when I was born. She always said that she liked me until I learned to talk back to her. She is very smart and athletic. Lexi’s foremost sport is Water Polo. She is a very fast swimmer and always setting the pace on her team. Growing up she played many sports including Soft Ball, Soccer, Dance, and Volleyball. Although she has played many sports she still manages the time to look good and get good grades. She is also a great person who helps whoever she can.

My sister has accomplished many achievements throughout her life. She went to St. Catherine’s from Kindergarten to Eighth Grade. Lexi managed to achieve high honor roll throughout her whole academic career at St. Catherine’s. She set very high standards for herself. If she got a B she would try harder and strive for an A. The results of her hard work were evident at graduation, when she was announced as the Salutatorian and granted the Faculty Award. Along with her academic achievements she participated in the student council. She started as Primary Representative in seventh grade and finished as the student body president in eighth grade. She is also a caring person, when she was ten years old, she sold dog biscuits and donated the money to the Laguna Beach Animal Shelter.

My sister is 14 and is always there for me. She has always comforted me when I was scared or sad. When I was five, there was a lighting storm and she was there to comfort me. She is someone who loves me and will play video games with me. She will always play video games. She helps me with my homework and projects. On my last science test she helped quiz me and helped me get an A. She has stuck up for me in many situations. When my mom gets mad at me she is always there to tell her that she isn’t making any sense. In the past, since she is older it is natural for her to think she is always right, thus we sometimes argued. Now that we are older we have a much better relationship. We understand and respect each other.

More importantly she is a person for me to look up to. Her great work ethics give me an idea of what I have to do to get good grades. She is always helping someone, especially on schoolwork. She showed me that’s it’s good to help others and that it’s better to give than receive. She gives me the inspiration to do better in school and sports and to be a better person. My hero is not just a fast swimmer she is also a great person.