Amelia Earhart

by Callum from Bradford

Introduction
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" - my hero is Amelia Mary Earhart. I chose this hero because because she set the highest women's altitude of 14 000 feet high. Earhart was also the first to fly the Atlantic solo.

Biographical information
Earhart was born on July 24,1897. She was born in Atchison, Kansas.The education Earhart had was at many private schools across the United States. Her family members were Alfred Otis, grandfather, Edwin and Muriel Earhart, brother and sister. Earhart's mother was Amy Earhart but I could not find the name of her father. An interesting fact is that Earhart was named after her mother (Amy-Amelia).

Influences and Obstacles
In 1920 Earhart attended an aerial meet in California. With her father's encouragement, Earhart flew a 10 minute flight over Los Angeles. It was here Earhart took her first flight. 6 years later Captain H.H Railey asked Earhart to fly the Atlantic Ocean. Of course there were problems like storm delays in Halifax. Also Earhart had a delayed landing in Bury Port, South Wales, but Earhart was still the first woman to cross the Atlantic.

Hero's Actions and Achievements

Earhart was always determined to overcome obstacles like storm delays and off course landings no matter what. She was always courageous because she wasn't scared to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Earhart was also outgoing and always tried her hardest to be the best she could be. Earhart also had many achievements like being the first woman to cross the Atlantic twice solo, she set the highest women's altitude (which was broken 4 years later) of 14 000 feet. Also Earhart flew the Atlantic in the fastest time.

Hero's Character Traits and Examples

Earhart shows optimism by always overcoming her problems. She did something that no one thought she could. Earhart was outgoing because she always tried to be her best. She was also a positive role model because she inspired so many other women into aviation.

How Does Your Hero Influence you 

Earhart influenced me because I am very interested in aviation and all the mechanics of planes and all the things that are needed to fly a plane. Earhart also brought my dad and I together. Things like where she disappeared to and what happened after  she disappeared.     

Conclusion/Bibliography

This is why Earhart is my hero

I got my info from bio.com/AmeliaEarhart