Albert Einstein

by Tanya from San Diego

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. "

March 15, 1879 into a Jewish Family. They lived in a southwestern German City. When Albert Einstein was born, the doctor said something was wrong with his head. It was big, but the doctor said when Albert grows, his head will become normal.

Albert Einstein was married twice. His first wife was Mileva. She was an attractive woman who was protective of Einstein. She had no interest in scientific work. Her role was to best create atmosphere for Einstein to work in peace. After he divorced her, he married Elsa. She used to cook him healthy meals, made sure he had plenty of time to study. Elsa’s teenage daughters, Else and Margot called him “Father Einstein”.

Albert’s love of mathematics was inspired by his Uncle Jakob. Uncle Jakob gave Albert tricky math problems to solve and used funny stories to introduce Albert to algebra. Uncle Jakob called “A Merry Science” and said solving algebra problems was like hunting for little animals whose name is not known so it is called x. The Jewish student who came to Albert’s house each Thursday for lunch was Max Talmey, a medical student. Max immediately saw how intelligent Albert was began bringing the boy books about science and math. Albert read the books that Max brought and looked forward to their Thursday discussions. Albert could study at his own pace and absorb as much information as he wanted.

Albert Einstein figured out the sun and the stars distance from earth. Two stars distance from the earth is 93,000,000,000 miles and the sun is 93,000,000 miles. Albert Einstein made this formula called E=mc². He told people what his formula meant and other people tried out his formula.

Albert Einstein was a hero because the formula that he created, was a miracle. German scientists first saw Albert Einstein's formula and Germans might have discovered how to make an atomic bomb. The danger was still very real that the Germans might develop a weapon that would allow them to conquer the world. Albert Einstein created atomic bombs. Before he created those bombs, people from wars can fight and kill people with those bombs. Albert Einstein didn`t think that he would create those dangerous weapons. Albert Einstein didn`t actually like his creation.