Albert Einstein

by Aliah from San Diego

"I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind." -Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.” –Albert Einstein. Albert Einstein, a man of intelligence, a man of integrity, a man of courage. He grew to be one of the world’s most famous physicists of all time. From a little boy, to a grown man, math was his biggest obstacle in life, and he took the challenge to set it free. He is considered a hero to us today because he is a world genius who revolutionized math, and changed the world with his theories.

Albert Einstein himself. (Google Images)

Albert Einstein had somewhat harsh years of his life, but fought through only for the best. All of his school teachers thought he had a mental disorder or he was mentally retarded because of his poorness in school. Also, he could not speak till the age 3 and started an interest for the violin at 6. He was born in Ulm, Germany on March 14th, 1879, but grew up and obtained his early education in Munich (Howard.) His middle years became more and more challenging as he started to grow his intelligence and a passion for math. At age 16, Einstein mastered all kinds of math, including calculus. (“Einstein, Albert.”). He graduated college in 1900 with a degree in physics. (Howard). In 1903, he married Mileva Marvic, and then divorced her in 1919, and he remarried his cousin Elsa. He proved many theories such as Thermodynamics, theory of relativity, E= mc2, and much more. He advanced his studies as a professor in Princeton. Einstein won a Nobel Prize in 1921 for his great deeds of multiple theories. (“Einstein.”) Also, he won a Copley Medal, Royal Society of London in 1925 (“Einstein, Albert 1879-1955.”) He died tragically of ruptured aorta on April 18th, 1955 in Princeton New Jersey. (“Einstein, Albert 1879-1955.”)

Albert Einstein writing up an equation. (Google Images)

Albert Einstein is a hero because he took the time to come up with such difficult and challenging theories, that math would not have advanced without. Einstein published many papers such as the interchangeability or mass and energy, in September 1905, the special theory of relativity and the Brownian motion. (“Einstein, Albert”). This shows that these theories were the basis to math and physics that were used by him and other scientists in research and technological advances. Without math and physics, our society would have not been as advanced as today. Math and physics are the basics for engineering and science, that make our education strong and give us work opportunities where we can apply these skills. Also, He was named first honorary citizen of Tel Aviv, 1923, he won a Copley Medal, Royal Society of London, 1925, a Gold Medal, a Royal Astronomical Society, London, 1926 and a Franklin Institute Medal, 1935. (“Einstein, Albert 1879-1955”). Without his work, there would be no real scientists or physicists out there who can follow his footsteps and find other theories like him.

Albert Einstein has Imagination. (Google Images)

Albert Einstein was an inspiration to all those who truly cared for math, and who someday believed they could follow his footsteps in publishing such a complex theory over time. As a sixteen-year-old boy, Einstein mastered differential and integral calculus. (“Einstein, Albert.”) This shows that he can inspire people to love math, and to explore it to find new things just like him. He showed the world how as a kid, he was an independent student, but he decided to grow into the world of math. He expresses to people that you can achieve anything, as long as you are willing to stick to it and follow through. No matter how smart you are, always reach for the stars, and soon enough you will rocket up there. He teaches people of all ages not be afraid of what mistakes you make in life, but to move on and learn from them.

Albert Einstein at his desk. (Google Images)

Albert Einstein’s power over math not only earned multiple awards, but also earned the title itself from all the hard work he has put into his big mission. He believed that anything was possible, only if you didn’t make it impossible. To the theories and formulas, to the proven statements and long nights, Albert Einstein never stopped nor gave up. He stood up strong for what he believed in and ended up achieving his life long goal. Today in our world, scientists and physicists still use Einstein’s proven theories and have helped a tremendous amount. As the man himself says, ”A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Works Consulted

"Einstein, Albert (1879-1955)." DISCovering Authors. Online ed. Detroit: Gale, 2003. Student Resource Center - Gold. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 19 Jan. 2010.

Einstein, Albert." U*X*L Encyclopedia of U.S. History. Sonia Benson, Daniel E. Brannen, Jr., and Rebecca Valentine. Ed. Lawrence W. Baker and Sarah Hermsen. Vol. 3. Detroit: UXL, 2009. 484-487. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 28 Jan. 2010 .

Einstein, Albert." UXL Encyclopedia of World Biography. Ed. Laura B. Tyle. Vol. 4. Detroit: UXL, 2003. 654-657. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 22 Jan. 2010 .

Howard, Don. "Einstein, Albert." World Book Student. World Book, 2010. Web. 20 Jan. 2010.

Albert Einstein The Nobel Prize in Physics 1921 - Albert Einstein's won of the Nobel Prize
Albert Einstein Bibliography - A bibliography on Albert Einstein
Collected Quotes from Albert Einstein - Quotes of Albert Einstein by Kevin Harris
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - The College Albert Einstein founded