Albert Einstein

by Justin from San Diego

(http://www.maniacworld.com/albert-einstein-1.jpg ())

A man who stopped attending school and was thought of as retarded by his teachers and his parents. Who thought that a boy would have been the smartest man to live and the one to change the world, as we know it. Einstein, a German born physicist that accepted a position in the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey. He remained at the Institute for the rest of his life. As war broke out in Europe, Einstein was instrumental in convincing U.S. president Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945) that an atomic bomb could be built. A letter to Roosevelt from Einstein and others led to the creation of the Manhattan Project, which consisted of scientists who successfully developed the world's first atomic bomb. Einstein did not participate in that project. He became a U.S. citizen in 1940. Even though there was no place for him and there were no academic sources that were available for him, he had decided to keep moving on his own and surpass what they taught in school. Einstein was just a boy, but he was able to understand high level philosophy, math, and science, without the assistance of others. At the age of 15, he had left school without a degree to join his parents and he already knew so much school was not that necessary. With his diligence and perseverance he improved the civilization and changed the world, therefore he is as hero.

Albert Einstein was a brilliant physicist who changed the world, as we know it today. Instead of going to school like a normal boy, Einstein stopped attending school and independently engaged in studying mathematics and other scientific disciplines. "He resisted the stringent discipline of German schools and instead indulged in independent readings of philosophy, math, and science;" (Overview of Albert Einstein). Even though he did not learn the things they taught in school, he taught himself the important bits and pieces to life and the things he needed to move on. Albert Einstein invented the general theory of relativity, affecting a revolution in physics, without the school's education. He was constantly trying to speak to the world, explaining the problems they were facing and how they could be solved. "Einstein was acclaimed for revolutionizing the world's understanding of space, time, and matter. He was also revered for his longtime commitment to pacifism;" (Overview of Albert Einstein). However he is not just known for his famous equations on the conservation of matter and energy or his theory of relativity. Throughout his career he became the Edison of physics helping to contribute numerous important pieces of knowledge to our understanding of the universe and how it works. Without Albert Einstein's inventions and discoveries we would be further behind in physics than we are right now. Every time he made a new proposal the experiments and data would prove making him Da Vinci of the 20th century. In 1900, at the age of 21, Albert Einstein graduated with a degree in physics. Einstein was also an eccentric who set himself apart from people and family to research in solitude while being a public figure supporting issues that he believed in.

(http://www.lowdensitylifestyle.com/media/uploads/2 ())

The ingenious man had found a way to put himself on top, Albert Einstein. Einstein was trying to further advance society, with the power of physics. "According to historians, Einstein's achievements in physics place him among the ranks of scientists Archimedes, Galileo Galilei, and Isaac Newton;" (Overview of Albert Einstein). By 1902, Einstein was working on combining time and space, matter and energy. The research on quantum law and the emission and absorption of light won him the Nobel Prize in physics in 1921. Einstein was a genius through everyone's mind, even though at his early age others considered retarded. "Einstein is also revered for his longtime commitment to pacifism, but it is for his pioneering research on laws governing the physical universe that he will be most remembered;" (Overview of Albert Einstein). Since Einstein's papers on the theory of relativity were so advanced, only a few physicists were able to understand them, and they slowly started to realize what a true genius he essentially was. Albert Einstein published several other papers, such as the quantum law and the emission and absorption of light, Brownian motion, the inertia of energy, and the electrodynamics of moving bodies. Albert Einstein ranks as one of the greatest people for his contributions towards physics and his part as a philosopher of science and as a humanitarian.

(http://www.emersonkent.com/images/einstein_1930.jp ())

Einstein had once mentioned, "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." With Einstein's motivational speeches, people all over the world were able to believe that anything is possible if you believe it is and if you are willing to work for it. Einstein is an inspiration to all, young and old, because of his optimism toward learning how to improve the world for present and future generations. A real hero must be able to stand up for others and make a difference for the better even without the encouragement and support from others.

Works Consulted

"Albert Einstein." DISCovering Authors. Detroit: Gale, 2003. Gale Student Resources In Context. Web. 11 Dec. 2012.

"Albert Einstein." Math & Mathematicians: The History of Math Discoveries Around the World. Gale, 2008. Gale Student Resources In

Context. Web. 10 Dec. 2012.

"Albert Einstein." Scientists: Their Lives and Works. Gale, 2006. Gale Student Resources In Context. Web. 5 Dec. 2012.

Einstein, Albert. "SOUND DOCUMENT OF ALBERT EINSTEIN." Einstein's Speech on Occasion of the Opening of the Radio Show in

1930. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Dec. 2012. .

"Finding Aid to The Albert Einstein Archives." Finding Aid to The Albert Einstein Archives. Albert Einstein Archives, The Library

Authority, and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2003 and 2012. Web. 10 Dec. 2012.

.

"Overview of Albert Einstein." DISCovering Authors. Detroit: Gale, 2003. Gale Student Resources In Context. Web. 11 Dec. 2012.

Albert Einstein Official Site - Photo gallery, Bio, Quotes, Links, and Contact.
Albert Einstein-Biography - The Nobel Prize in Physics 1921
Overview of Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein