Albert Einstein

by Duncan Dempsey from Belo Horizonte

Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, Germany in the year of 1879. He died at the age of 76. His Dad was a salesman and engineer who encouraged Albert´s interest in Physics and Science.

Einstein studied Physics, Math and Science and he loved to think about how things work. He was always trying to discover why things work the way they do. His father once gave him a compass; he wondered why the needle turned to the North no matter where he pointed it.

Albert Einstein was not a good student at school, but he did not give up. He was great in physics. He used his brain to figure out the world and how it works.

Einstein determined that energy has mass and weight and that E=mc2. This equation is important because it explains gravity. Einstein’s theory of gravity explained a lot about the universe, such as black holes and solar eclipses. Seventy years after the theory was published scientists are still proving that his theories are true.

Einstein is very important to science. He was creative and imaginative. Science needs creativity to work. We should agree with Einstein that it is all right to think differently from others.